Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Mid-sections & jerkiness/hesitation?

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2002, 01:21 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had a cat-center until yesterday, then stuck one on (for fun ) & got, well, not exactly 'hesitation', more a lack of 'willingness to go' & also a sort of mild jerkiness - knocking? Haven't got a knock-lick so couldn't say for sure there. No noises, just very quick power changes "We're off! No we're not - yes we are" type thing. A general lack of oomph would make sense, but this wasn't that simple.

Anyway, is this just the cat doing its thing & I'm just not used to it, or is the center cat something to do with this sort of odd behaviour that has sort-of been tracked down to the ECU... Can't think how it could be, but it was the only thing I changed (MY00, SS DP & mid, PPP BB, crappy AE802 ECU , use optimax all the time as well - did the jerky-thing when cold pre-optimax, no problems after a few tanks). Then again, there may well be a couple of hamsters & a sparrow's nest in there that I didn't notice that are clogging things up

I've just thought that the ECU was probably not used to it & is adjusting itself & the car'll now run like - I think the usual phrase is 'a hesitating bag of sh1te'

If there's anything to learn here, it seems that anyone out there with the original midsection in-place 'cos "a replacement mid-section doesn't make that much difference", it does . Chuck it, reset the ECU & enjoy

Anyone got any better ideas, or is this all obvious stuff & I'm just being stupid?

Whatever, the old straight-through mid-section's going on again
Old 18 February 2002, 01:32 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

noticed the same with my MY00,fitted the c/s for winter and to quieten it down a bit,ran it for a month but the straight through is back on now .
Old 18 February 2002, 01:42 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Glad to hear it's not just me