Notices

Classic Downpipe and mid-section on New Age

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2009, 02:15 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Classic Downpipe and mid-section on New Age

Has anyone fitted a classic down pipe and CAT mid-section to a new age? I'd like to de-cat the down pipe and keep the midsection CAT but all of the newage de-cat down pipes are a complete de-cat so this got me thinking, I know the new-age back boxes fit on classics so the mid section must end in the same place, but can anyone see a problem with using the classic de-cat down pipe and a normal cat mid section from a classic?

Cheers!
Old 16 August 2009, 03:25 AM
martome123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope this helps... as i have sort of been there.....goes like this, One dayibought a 98 turbo 2000(which i believe to be a classic wagon)then in my local paper(evening echo))saw for sale hayward & scot.stainless mid and rear ......cut a long story short,,,,, twas off a new age & bloke reconed it would fit.........OUTCOME was rear box fit fine(well middle bracket 4"n out),,, center section was 5" to short ( wouldent reach center hanger so weilded a peice inthe middle cos has 2x flangedends) so i guess that a new age front pipe is about 5" longer is the conclusion i came to......shame we didnt know ,could have done swapsies..............................chop it mate...hope this is of assistance to u.................martin
Old 16 August 2009, 12:07 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Cheers I already know the new age back box fits as I had a new age box on my last classic, it was only the front hanger that was different..

I'm more interested in the down pipe, they look the same but knowing my luck the classic one will foul something
Old 16 August 2009, 01:17 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '[Davey
I'm more interested in the down pipe, they look the same but knowing my luck the classic one will foul something
A classic downpipe won't fit straight onto a newage. It won't foul, but as Martin says the length is different due to the newage exhaust being a four piece system rather than three.
Old 16 August 2009, 03:37 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

A classic d/pipe with classic centre section will be a direct replacement in terms of length for the three sections on a newage car (UK that is).
There will be no fouling or extra hangers to add/tweak.

Nick
Old 16 August 2009, 09:36 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butty
A classic d/pipe with classic centre section will be a direct replacement in terms of length for the three sections on a newage car (UK that is).
There will be no fouling or extra hangers to add/tweak.

Nick
Thankyou Nick you have answered my question and its the answer I was hopeing for