Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Safety first...

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2002, 02:58 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Just a little reminder - don't get carried away with boost controllers, fuel cut defenders. Keep it sensible. Only do what you are capable of and understand. And don't call me a ******* guru

For any boost controller please fit a boost gauge, air fuel ratio meter and check your car's fuelling and ignition timing. Consider the limits of your turbo. Do not fit these to Grey Imports, P1s or STis without really knowing what you are doing, and even then I wouldn't do it personally. MY01 also requires caution with possibly smaller injectors and an unpipe cat that could overheat, fragment into your turbo and be very expensive. Avoid full boost part throttle- it is bad for your engine and driveability. Use a 1.5mm bleed hole on a Dawes with a small turbo.

Please also take the time to read the available threads before asking the same old questions again and again either on here or to my email account. I am answering the same old questions time and again. I do not have time to write a Dawes FAQ although I did spend some time collating all the threads and posting them and suggested it was made sticky, but it fell off the bottom.

I am happy to discuss new problems/ideas, but the same old questions are getting a bit boring.

No offence to any individual. Probably self inflicted since I post too much.
Old 07 February 2002, 03:27 PM
lizzard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks again John for all the help!!!
I should not need to bother you with any more Dawes questions.
Unfortunately the "Search" is still down so people are probably reading the old posts and see your name next to the ones about the Dawes and turbo stuff...YOU GURU YOU...!! Its just that you seem to have the MY99/00 all understood, quite a bright chap I'd say!!... sandals or not :}
Thanks!!
Old 07 February 2002, 03:36 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well done John.

How about our moderator taking notice of this
I am answering the same old questions time and again. I do not have time to write a Dawes FAQ although I did spend some time collating all the threads and posting them and suggested it was made sticky, but it fell off the bottom.
request?

Cheers

Duncan
Old 07 February 2002, 04:17 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

On request I did the same in the ICE forum for useful websites, but it also failed to stick. Maybe there is a technical issue, but it was done at one stage in the Gallery section on how to post pictures.
Old 07 February 2002, 05:35 PM
netclectic2
Scooby Regular

Angry

or maybe it's time the search facility fixed!!
Old 07 February 2002, 05:38 PM
Caronte
Scooby Regular

WEBMASTER...

when will we see the search engine working again?

Thx Caronte
Old 07 February 2002, 05:48 PM
HarryBoy
Scooby Regular

I have put a quick web site up at http://www.geocities.com/harryboy_scooby with help on the Dawes Device.

It's not complete and it does not cover UK MY96 cars (as search is down can sombody point me to the MY96 pics posted recently, I can't be botherd to find them on a Friday afternoon, hen I'll put htose up as well with permission of the original poster) but I have tried to include all the information I can think of this afternoon, I invite all to have a look and make any constructve additions and suggestions to me on this BBS.

I think John deserves a huge thanks from all the BBS users interested in the dawes, AFR and EBC threads, I have used alot of Johns information in just coming up with a single page on how to fit a Dawes! Many thanks John!

With John's permission I will also put a page up about the DIY AFR and EBC (when it's ready)

Harry
Old 07 February 2002, 05:51 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

John,

It can be done (not just members gall) so mail SDB and see what he says (or have you done this already?)

SDB said he'd get search fixed as soon as he can find some time to invest in it.....

How about we keep putting the collection of threads thread back to the top once it falls off the bottom of page one for now... hopefully John, that'll keep people from hastling you so much...

Matt
Old 07 February 2002, 06:20 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Question

Harry

GavinP has a web page showing the install for pre97 cars, maybe yours and Gavins webpages could be added to the non-sticky thread that JB started ?

Justin
Old 07 February 2002, 06:23 PM
HarryBoy
Scooby Regular

Good idea, what is Gavins web site, I'll put a link to it from mine....

Harry
Old 07 February 2002, 07:20 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Dont swear John..
Old 08 February 2002, 07:20 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

I'd also recommend visual knock detection (ie; knocklink) - best way to know it's all gone pear shaped (big-red!), and easily 'testable' to ensure functionality (I tap around mine once a week ).

Richard

Old 02 July 2002, 05:56 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Haven't mailed Simon or John Felstead. Perhaps someone could find the FAQ thread bring it to the top and do so - wifey is home!

Oh I see it has just been done!

[Edited by john banks - 2/7/2002 5:56:40 PM]