1995 sti ra dccd help please

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2008, 05:27 PM
adambush
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 sti ra dccd help please

got a 95 sti ra with dccd.

when i start the car, the bottom light on the dashboard constantly flashes. i presume this is open? but as i roll the switch, nothing happens.

i had it up on stands, engine off and in gear and the front wheels were locked if this makes any difference.

any idea where to start!?!?
Old 11 March 2008, 06:04 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i know if its flashing,there's a fault somewhere.you should try over on typera.co.uk,there are a lot of guys with 95 dccd cars
Old 13 March 2008, 12:45 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adambush
got a 95 sti ra with dccd.

when i start the car, the bottom light on the dashboard constantly flashes. i presume this is open? but as i roll the switch, nothing happens.

i had it up on stands, engine off and in gear and the front wheels were locked if this makes any difference.

any idea where to start!?!?
When the light is flashing it is because there is an electrical failure somewhere in the system. Sometimes you find that the wire that goes through the top lid of the gearbox has fractured just inside the lid. No way to do anything with that unless you take the box out and repair the wire.

The wire to and from the box is a simple live and return. Nothing tricky there. Try connecting the wires to the box direct to a power supply and see if the diff locks. Careful because officially, the feed is not as high as 12 volts, but a quick test will not do any harm.

Then an attempt at a 3 point turn will get it making all the locked up noises it should make. Once you have established a circuit inside the box that is Ok you can concentrate on the outside wiring and controls

Good luck David APi