Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

YEEHAA JUST REPLACED CENTRE DIFF

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2007, 08:14 PM
lunball lunan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool YEEHAA JUST REPLACED CENTRE DIFF

Hi folks after a long time of do or dont i finally decided to go and fit my centre diff myself , well i say myself but it was me and 2 of my mates between all of us we have quite a bit of knowledge on cars.

We set about this task with the car on 4 axel stands the highest we could go because we dont have a ramp, it took 1 and a half hours to take out the diff and we thought we were getting on great until we found the diff i had bought was the wrong one for the car, so it was off to scottish subaru in paisley who had a box lying around with a diff in it thanks stevie and george of scottish subaru for supplying the diff if it wasnt for you 2 my car would be sitting on stands still with no diff.

after a couple of hours we finally started the job of putting it back in, a couple of hours later the job was done and what a difference, my car is not fighting when going round corners and i have no nasty noises when accelerating in 4th.
anyone interested in doing this job and would like a step by step guide i will keep an eye on this link and if i get enough interest i will put a step by step guide on here.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED AND GIVEN ME ADVICE IT REALLY WAS GREAT AND GAVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT

CHEERS AGAIN
Old 05 August 2007, 08:23 PM
JamieMiller
Scooby Regular

Nice one mate, I apologise for suggesting the rear diff. I've had mine apart aswell and found it fairly straight forward. Most jobs on them are I find.
Old 06 August 2007, 07:14 PM
lunball lunan
Scooby Regular

hi jamie no probs matey it was always a case of one of the 2 but after some mixed views i decided to buy both and do one at a time and it was my luck that it was the centre diff, so up for sale is a 99 uk rear diff if anyone is interested and i also have a -98 centre diff pm me if interested