Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Would anyone know the answer to this???

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2001, 02:18 PM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ive got a Terzo and I think that since I used optimax the other day the car is not as responsive now.

Was sitting in traffic yesterday and was giving the throttle a few tweeks, usually I get a nice crisp sound from the exhaust which is a full scoobysport system, but it sounds like someone has shoved a banana up it cos its gone a bit spluttery below 1200 revs.

I've also noticed when blipping the throttle its taking a bit longer for the revs to pick up only about a second but its noticeable especially on pull away. It also feels and sounds like the turbo isnt spinning up as quick as it should be.

The lovely loud burble from the exhaust has quitened down a lot, it just feels like theres a blockage if you know what i mean.

Right, from the engine bay its also not sounding right, in the Terzo engine bay youve got the intake under the scoop, next to that theres something that looks like a shiny CS cannister with bendy metal pipes coming out of it(HOPE YOU LIKE THE DESCRIPTIONS)
theres like a sucking/ tappy noise coming from that area, this has started since the car has been running crap.

I know the descriptions are rubbish but I just dunno what the bits are called.

Hope someone can help cos im getting a bit worried about it and I dont want to drive about causing more damage to the car.

Thanks

SCOBY
Old 23 December 2001, 04:06 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

IIRC the Terzo has the TD05. I tried Optimax on my MY96 with TD05 and I agree with your observations. Throttle response was down, car felt noticeably slower and the SS system lost its bark and burble.

With regards to the CS canister - Don't know. Not looked under the bonnet recently.

P.
Old 23 December 2001, 04:09 PM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Thanks sith 4 replyingn what should I do about it, how did you get yours sorted out m8.

Thanks

SCOBY
Old 23 December 2001, 05:15 PM
Andrew Timmins
Scooby Regular

Smile

The canister you mention is the boost control solenoid and it is meant to click. I had a plug burn up on my car recently so maybe you should check yours, the symtoms seem to be similar.

Old 23 December 2001, 05:21 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Scoby, pleasure m8. To rectify the problem I went back to old faithfull Esso SUL. Within half a tank it was back to business as usuall. Used eversince again. Did have high hopes for Optimax, tried several tankfulls but for me just didn't deliver.

P.