Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Pace Products FMIC Kit - Anybody fitted one?

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2001, 04:16 PM
mole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody fitted a Pace Products FMIC kit with new rad?

I would like to ask some questions re fitting.

Any takers?

Thanks in advance,
Mole
Old 02 December 2001, 04:53 PM
Stuart Newby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Just fit one of these front mounted intercoolers on one of our rally hire cars. Radiator and front mounted intercooler fit ok, but the brackets needed some fine adjustments to make them fit. The pipework on this kit is not that good, or this is my opinion. We have fit it for the time being as we have been testing the car. Also a point you should consider is that the connections on the fans are completely different to a standard Subaru fan connector and need re-wiring into a different terminal block.

There are pictures of this kit fitted on the rally preparation page of our web site www.townendgarage.co.uk if you would like to take a look, but like I say we are going to make some new engine bay pipes ourselves to tidy the system up and get rid of the lengths of pipe they supply.

The air temp never gets above 35 degrees without having to use the use of water - this is good. There is no boost pressure drop with the system - which is good, and the water temperature runs as normal - which is also good.

So in my opinion the system works well as it is one of the few front mounted intercoolers which ducts the pipework from above. This is a must on rally cars, but like I say I personally don't like the pipework.

Hope this helps,

Stuart.