Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Gear box oil level?

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2006, 05:51 PM
ActionMan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gear box oil level?

Just wanted to check first.... I've done a few track days and as normal I check all levels all the time with out fail...as you do, I've noticed the gear box oil level changes from time to time. From sitting on the full line to not showing any thing on the dip stick (even the day after?) Checked again a few weeks later and full again? Where does it go? I've made sure its on level ground and I got some gear box oil to fill it up thinking I had a leak some were and now found it full again? The drive system and gear box is running sweet and never given any trouble so I'm not worrying, just need to find what every one else does and will this non show on dipstick when on track cause a gearbox problem?
Old 21 November 2006, 08:02 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

It is very sensitive to non-level ground, and obviously changes with temp - should be measured cold.
Old 21 November 2006, 08:02 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

It is very sensitive to non-level ground, and obviously changes with temp - should be measured cold.
Old 21 November 2006, 09:04 PM
ActionMan
Scooby Newbie

Possible, it was in summer and the car was put through a tough time, possible slight tilt when reading was taken!
Old 28 November 2006, 01:26 AM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

its a total ******* to fill and track the level.... Had loads of problems with mien before the box went Oppps Warranty thanks, it was over filled when i got it i think, then it just broke
Old 29 November 2006, 08:35 AM
ActionMan
Scooby Newbie

Did they give a reason why the box went? would the level effect that? Good thing I didn't put anymore in. Good thing they done it for free!