Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

best exhaust setup for 400bhp

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2006, 11:22 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best exhaust setup for 400bhp

im looking to take my car as close as i can to the 400bhp mark. currently im running at 340 bhp. i have bought the neccesarry mods i.e turbo, injectors, headers and getting some Andy F magic. the only question mark would be the exhaust system i am running. I have a magnex twin dump decat, and a blitz nur spec cat back system, is this free flowing enough to support 400bhp....?? any help appreciated
Old 04 November 2006, 11:25 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think you'll need a 3" turbo back exhaust. The jap exhaustS are known to kneck down to 2.75"
Old 04 November 2006, 11:42 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

where do they neck down from?.... from what i have found from the blitz site it states that the centre pipe is 76-80mm from the cat back which is 3inches.... but i could be wrong..... the downpipe is also concerning me, most people suggest the open neck dp to be a better option for more power over the twin dump....
Old 04 November 2006, 11:51 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R4LLY
where do they neck down from?.... from what i have found from the blitz site it states that the centre pipe is 76-80mm from the cat back which is 3inches.... but i could be wrong..... the downpipe is also concerning me, most people suggest the open neck dp to be a better option for more power over the twin dump....
its 2.5" at connection to cat pipe for about 3" then goes to 3" so you'd need this cutting out then you'd need 3" downpipe open neck is best then 3" cat pipe but make sure its a proper 3" i.e flanges and bends
Old 05 November 2006, 01:12 AM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by swifty.....!
its 2.5" at connection to cat pipe for about 3" then goes to 3" so you'd need this cutting out then you'd need 3" downpipe open neck is best then 3" cat pipe but make sure its a proper 3" i.e flanges and bends
The thing that is confusing is that all blitz distributors and offiial websites claim that for the cat-back system the "pipework is constant diameter throughout allowing superior flow to crush bent pipework.

and that the pipework is "a 80mm bore which runs from the catalytic converter back"

this means that there is a constant diameter of 80mm/3inches throughout.....so are they lying when they say that it is constantly 80mm in diameter or am i just not understanding anything here....sorry if i seem a little but it just seems as if they are falsely advertising if it is not a true 3inch cat back system
Old 05 November 2006, 02:24 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

The thing that is confusing is that all blitz distributors and offiial websites claim that for the cat-back system the "pipework is constant diameter throughout allowing superior flow to crush bent pipework.

and that the pipework is "a 80mm bore which runs from the catalytic converter back"

this means that there is a constant diameter of 80mm/3inches throughout.....so are they lying when they say that it is constantly 80mm in diameter or am i just not understanding anything here....sorry if i seem a little but it just seems as if they are falsely advertising if it is not a true 3inch cat back system
thats why they put (on most cars) part
hope these help

Old 05 November 2006, 02:37 AM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

thanks swifty much appreciated.

it wouldn't cost too much to modify would it? Zen are going to be fitting the turbo, injectors and headers, if i ask them they do you think they will be able to do it at a reasonable cost?
Old 05 November 2006, 02:52 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

thanks swifty much appreciated.

it wouldn't cost too much to modify would it? Zen are going to be fitting the turbo, injectors and headers, if i ask them they do you think they will be able to do it at a reasonable cost?
when i did it cost £40 depends really if they weild stainless steel but its getting a true 3" downpipe and cat pipe you need to make sure it has a 3" flange and pipe is a constant 3" you'l also need a spare 3" flange for the blitz part that is cut off. i got mine from h&s but wasn't really chuffed with it but did the job after doing a lot of messing about. i'd now use these did my cut out on blitz and sorted other they make a 3" downpipe and cat pipe saw it when they were doing mine and its open neck too

ALPHA TYRES AND EXHAUSTS LTD
UNIT 470
TAINTON PARK TRADING EST
GELDERD RD, LEEDS
LS12 6HD
Tel: 0113 2440909

there a powerflow dealer which alot on here don't like but there downpipe, catpipe are top notch just don't buy any cats or back boxes off them
Old 05 November 2006, 09:44 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Revolutions 3" system comes highly regarded.
Certainly capable for your goal and I think Andy has had decent results from this when mapping.
Good price too.
Old 05 November 2006, 10:05 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by swifty.....!
when i did it cost £40 depends really if they weild stainless steel but its getting a true 3" downpipe and cat pipe you need to make sure it has a 3" flange and pipe is a constant 3" you'l also need a spare 3" flange for the blitz part that is cut off. i got mine from h&s but wasn't really chuffed with it but did the job after doing a lot of messing about. i'd now use these did my cut out on blitz and sorted other they make a 3" downpipe and cat pipe saw it when they were doing mine and its open neck too

ALPHA TYRES AND EXHAUSTS LTD
UNIT 470
TAINTON PARK TRADING EST
GELDERD RD, LEEDS
LS12 6HD
Tel: 0113 2440909

there a powerflow dealer which alot on here don't like but there downpipe, catpipe are top notch just don't buy any cats or back boxes off them
Second the cat pipe and downpipe sentiment. Ask for Andy he's the main man.
Old 05 November 2006, 11:59 PM
R4LLY
Scooby Regular

looks like i'll change the magnex to a revoulution 3" de-cat downpipe, the blitz i guess will be ok once the small section is modified as above. i don't think its worth swapping the blitz cat back for a different one now....
Old 06 November 2006, 12:42 AM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

My man runs an APS on his 401bhp P1, he should be around here.