Clutch Slipping - 11000 Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2006, 10:30 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Slipping - 11000 Miles!

Hi Guys,

Before i ring the dealer, a little bit of info would be nice. Ever since ive had the car the clutch bite point has always been right at the top of the pedal, i complained about it at least 3 times, with the dealers saying that it was completly unadjustable and is self setting, well the inevitable is now happening, if i do a quick on boost shift from 4th to 5th im getting slip (and stink).

I would like to add to this that ive never been through a clutch before down to wear (my gx had judder) my last WRX PPP i'd done 57000 miles and the clutch was like new (and not biting right at the top), i never ride the clutch or launch off the clutch.

What im asking is: is there any adjustment in the clutch, could it be a faulty clutch/ self setting etc.

Thanks for any help.

PS 05 STI PPP

Simon
Old 18 September 2006, 12:28 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlueSimon
Hi Guys,

Before i ring the dealer, a little bit of info would be nice. Ever since ive had the car the clutch bite point has always been right at the top of the pedal, i complained about it at least 3 times, with the dealers saying that it was completly unadjustable and is self setting, well the inevitable is now happening, if i do a quick on boost shift from 4th to 5th im getting slip (and stink).

I would like to add to this that ive never been through a clutch before down to wear (my gx had judder) my last WRX PPP i'd done 57000 miles and the clutch was like new (and not biting right at the top), i never ride the clutch or launch off the clutch.

What im asking is: is there any adjustment in the clutch, could it be a faulty clutch/ self setting etc.

Thanks for any help.

PS 05 STI PPP

Simon
If the bite point is high on the peddel,then the clutch friction plate will be worn, there is no adjustment to setup the bite point.
New clutch required, and if there is any surface cracking on the flywheel this will need to be replaced, or re-ground.
Old 18 September 2006, 12:46 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Seems a little fishy that the clutch has always been this high from new though

11000 miles, must be a faulty presure plate surly?

BTW my engine and gearbox oils have not dropped in that time so i dont think it is contamination.

Simon
Old 03 October 2006, 03:34 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Update:

Had the 'other' dealer in leeds look at the car, the clutch IS adjustable - on the 'pushrod' and they adjusted it, it is definatly better but i still think its going to go before 20000 miles. Was thinking of getting my car serviced there at 20000 but having second thoughts as it tolk me about 30 mins to clean the car after they had greased all the interia they touched (steering wheel, door), both leeds dealers have done this too me now, maybe leeds mechanics are just 'dirty', well atleast thell die early of skin cancer.

Simon