FAO StickyMicky

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2006, 10:18 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO StickyMicky

Micky,

Just got a couple of turbos to play with.

A VF22 and a VF29.

What was your VF23 (VF22 hotside, VF24/28/29 compressor) like to run in terms of spool and top end flow etc.

And, do you have any bits left over from your various endevours. Or, require any to make some other type of hybrid.

Just bored with my current setup

Wayne.
Old 01 March 2006, 08:39 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Bttt
Old 01 March 2006, 11:32 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

ello mate

not been online much and i am never in the techy parts anymore

the last vf23 that i made up is still going strong!!!
i never had it balanced or anything, i just cobbled it together and turned it up

its been so long since i ran the original vf22 i have kinda forgot about how they deliver

when driving with the vf23 you feel the surge from 3500 rpm, i am running mine at 1.4bar at the moment with a dawse, off the top of my head i am not sure what it pushes out at the higher rpms, but we might as well assume its maxed out, i do remember looking down at the display on sunday morning and seeing 1.43bar peak for a short time.

i have no idea what parts i still have, everything is still at my parents house, there is not much i can do with it TBH
i have thought about fitting another vf22 if one comes up cheap enough but IMO a td05 is probably a better choice.

i do remember when i converted a vf24 into a vf23 i thought it was such a good improvement at the time (found a vf24 cheap when the vf22 let go)