Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

ECUTEK

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2005, 10:14 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECUTEK

Just after some good old advise from people who seem to know what they're on about.
Hopefully buying a version 8 with ppp soon, but i'm used to 320 ish bhp on my version 6 classic ( which is up for sale on here), And it felt quicker than the Ver 8 with PPP when I test drove it, above having PPP fitted, is there anyhing else i can have done to get the BHP upto about 320 bhp again, how much will one of these ecutek's cost me. I'm not on about having it re-bored and new pistons and stuff, just a few hundred quid on a re-map or something. Will a ecutek re-map bugger up a PPP re-map ?. Will the warranty be invalid then with a ecutek re-map ??

Last edited by ChriSTi; 23 June 2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 23 June 2005, 10:36 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Just after some good old advise from people who seem to know what they're on about.
Hopefully buying a version 8 with ppp soon, but i'm used to 320 ish bhp on my version 6 classic ( which is up for sale on here), And it felt quicker than the Ver 8 with PPP when I test drove it, above having PPP fitted, is there anyhing else i can have done to get the BHP upto about 320 bhp again, how much will one of these ecutek's cost me. I'm not on about having it re-bored and new pistons and stuff, just a few hundred quid on a re-map or something. Will a ecutek re-map bugger up a PPP re-map ?. Will the warranty be invalid then with a ecutek re-map ??
Anyones help will do FFS
Old 23 June 2005, 10:43 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

you could try getting the 333 conversion from TSL but you would lose your warranty and the PPP map would be gone.
Old 23 June 2005, 10:46 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

TEK 3 - custom map - is normally about £675, but there are often group buys for £500 or £550 (i think those are ex-vat)

As for the remap I'm not qualified to comment - but I doubt remapping a PPP'd car would make enough difference to justify the cost. Not unless you did other mods first to make a remap necessary.

Rob.
Old 23 June 2005, 11:00 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

I had a tek 3 remap done on a sti 5 wagon, and it was actually down on power than the quoted standard bhp for an sti ( I found this out wafter I sold it Jim), and it was with a full decat, there are good mappers out there and there are very good mappers out there!
Old 23 June 2005, 11:01 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Yeah I'd agree. Just making a further remap would make very little if any difference. You would need to do some other mods to gain real benefit from the remap.

Yes you would lose the PPP map, unless the mapper can download it and save it for you first before overwirting with the new map.

And yes, you most certainly would fluff the warranty.
Old 24 June 2005, 11:30 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scratch

And yes, you most certainly would fluff the warranty.
If they noticed the map, which I doubt they can..!

As said, there are mappers and there are MAPPERS..!