WRX v STI Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2005, 10:27 AM
fgn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX v STI Exhaust

WRX v STI exhaust.

Have got an 05 wrx and its too quite. I don't want a really loud exhasut but just something that makes a good sound. ideally would like something that sounds like the prodrive system. I see there are a few STI back boxes for sale, will these fit and will it improve the sound at all?
Is there any way to buy a prodrive back box on its own? A full prodrive kit adds £255 to insurance, up from £480 and its a bit much. Not quite the 25% some suggest...

Any suggestions???
Old 04 May 2005, 10:41 AM
mgg
Scooby Regular

Get an official Prodrive WR Sport Back box from your local Subaru dealer.
It sounds much better than the standard box, has a single oval pipe and doesnt affect your warranty.
Old 04 May 2005, 10:54 AM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

I had the WR Sports exhaust on my old MY03 WRX - it growled a lot nicer than the standard STi exhaust I've got at the moment...

Don't know why you're worried abouit £700-ish on insurance for the prodrive kit... I'm paying around £1600 at the moment for my STi - that was the cheapest quote I could find

I'm paying that and I'm married, over 30, have no points on my licence, full no claims, tracker fitted, cat 1 alarm, passed my IAM & RoSPA advanced driving tests and live in a nice area... Think I'll shop around a bit harder at renewal time...
Old 04 May 2005, 11:36 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

I wish my insurance was £480..!

I'm 38, married with a family, wife (35) is on the policy and paying £950 for a WRX, which was the cheapest by far..! Then we do live in Birmingham, however I will be shopping harder come October.

BTW I've got a Ninja BB and it's excellent, not too loud as most think, but nice and deep and that's with a centre decat and ninja centre section..! I'm not sure it'll be as quiet when I get my full decat soon..!

Jason
Old 04 May 2005, 05:47 PM
fgn
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info.

Guess my insurance is fairly cheap then

STI back boxes are going for about £50 though, thought it might be worth a try while I save for ppp
Old 05 May 2005, 11:27 AM
vingtsun
Scooby Newbie

I have a Prodrive WR Sport Back box on my 03 WRX which sounds great. 2morrow I take dekivery of an 05 WRX with an STi back box which I hope will sound just as good. I'll let you know...

By the way only £480 insurance is great. I pay £680 to Priviledge, am 43, married, live in Droitwich (Worcs) and an advanced motorist....
Old 06 May 2005, 07:35 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fgn
WRX v STI exhaust.

Have got an 05 wrx and its too quite. I don't want a really loud exhasut but just something that makes a good sound. ideally would like something that sounds like the prodrive system. I see there are a few STI back boxes for sale, will these fit and will it improve the sound at all?
Is there any way to buy a prodrive back box on its own? A full prodrive kit adds £255 to insurance, up from £480 and its a bit much. Not quite the 25% some suggest...

Any suggestions???
Yeah, ScoobyWorld Ninja like i just put on my MY03 WRX, having just removed a Scorpion Subaru backbox. It sounds the dogs bollox now.
Old 02 June 2005, 09:39 PM
agdodds
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by vingtsun
I have a Prodrive WR Sport Back box on my 03 WRX which sounds great. 2morrow I take dekivery of an 05 WRX with an STi back box which I hope will sound just as good. I'll let you know...

By the way only £480 insurance is great. I pay £680 to Priviledge, am 43, married, live in Droitwich (Worcs) and an advanced motorist....

Iam 35 with 9 points paying 540 for a 51 plate wrx with tracker fitted mind you I ave 7 years no claims might b worth trying a-plan thatcham on 01635 874646 good luck
Old 03 June 2005, 09:46 AM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

First mod I did was to get rid of the peashooters and fit an STI backbox.

Gives it back the burble, not too noticeable from inside the car, but sounds great from outside.