Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Parallel fuel rail mod to phase 1 inlet

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 07:53 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parallel fuel rail mod to phase 1 inlet

Have seen the Ravensblade article for the phase 2, also 911's thread in Projects for phase 1.5 - but have not seen it done on phase 1.

Has anyone done this and can the OE regulator be reused?

Any pointers?

cheers
Old 01 March 2005, 11:19 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

You need to loose the standard FPR and get an adapter to fit (Or an old fuel rail you can use) instead, along with a new regulator. Getting the inlet off is 'fun' but once it's off the mod is easy.

Unbolt the power steering pump and hold it aside, intercooler off, disconnect all the wire/pipes and unbolt the inlet. Lift it slightly and you will find a connector to some valve on the vacumn line to remove and a water pipe underneath that needs unbolted from the block.

Then lift the manifold off, watching the FPR doesn't hit the front of the turbo's 90 degree pipe.

We did it in about 3 hours, on the drive using inspections lamps.
Old 02 March 2005, 08:38 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Smile

Thanks Ken

I've decided on getting an uprated regulator, seems the best way for the mods I have planned.

Can you explain how the OE reg is attached? I take it it is on the rail next to the turbo? Is it bolted onto an end of a fuel rail, which means its not a simple case of cutting pipe and extending with flexi fuel hose?

Do you mean source another fuel rail (non turbo side) and replace the one on the turbo side? then i can run my own pipework?

have I understood that correctly?

many thanks

Justin
Old 02 March 2005, 10:02 AM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

When I changed mine to parallel the adpater came with the kit. You could simple cut off the OEM FPR valve and flare the pipe slightly and then attach a flexi pipe. You will need to do this for the other ends of the fuel rail.
Somebody on here was offering to convert the rail to AN-6 connections which would work well.
Old 02 March 2005, 10:14 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Mark

Which kit was this? And are you saying the OE rgulator is joined via hard pipes to the fuel rail, rather than being bolted on?

many thanks
Old 02 March 2005, 10:14 AM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Thanks Ken

Can you explain how the OE reg is attached? I take it it is on the rail next to the turbo? Is it bolted onto an end of a fuel rail, which means its not a simple case of cutting pipe and extending with flexi fuel hose?
It's bolted to the end of the fuel rail next to the turbo, with a O ring that inserts into the rail. So you can't cut it off.

Do you mean source another fuel rail (non turbo side) and replace the one on the turbo side? then i can run my own pipework?

have I understood that correctly?
Yes you have.

If your replacement doesn't have an adapter, use another fuel pipe from a 2nd car as an adapter, just to replace the existing regulator.
Old 02 March 2005, 10:20 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Ok, great stuff, thanks
Old 02 March 2005, 12:42 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Check David Wallis's website, he had some pictures of his conversion if that helps.