Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

plugs

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2004, 11:14 AM
kev mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy plugs

hi dose anyone know the diff between NGK6bs and NGK 7bs, and r plugs easy to change thanks guys. kev
Old 14 October 2004, 12:27 PM
Markyboy uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kev mac
hi dose anyone know the diff between NGK6bs and NGK 7bs, and r plugs easy to change thanks guys. kev
The 7B is a "cooler" plug and is normally recommended if the car has undergone engine performance modifications. I've just changed to 7B's after having my car TEK3'd and I'm convinced my knock sensor LEDS are less active as a result.

The Subaru engine is not the easiest to change the plugs on as they are horizontally seated not vertically. Remove air box from driver side. Remove battery & move windscreen wash bottle out of way from passenger side for easy(er) access to plugs. There are plenty of useful sites with pics though. Put it this way - I've changed my plugs twice and this was the first job I EVER DID to ANY car.

Mark.

Last edited by Markyboy uk; 14 October 2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 14 October 2004, 03:33 PM
kev mac
Scooby Regular

Smile plugs

Originally Posted by Markyboy uk
The 7B is a "cooler" plug and is normally recommended if the car has undergone engine performance modifications. I've just changed to 7B's after having my car TEK3'd and I'm convinced my knock sensor LEDS are less active as a result.

The Subaru engine is not the easiest to change the plugs on as they are horizontally seated not vertically. Remove air box from driver side. Remove battery & move windscreen wash bottle out of way from passenger side for easy(er) access to plugs. There are plenty of useful sites with pics though. Put it this way - I've changed my plugs twice and this was the first job I EVER DID to ANY car.

Mark.
thanks mate, do u no the web sites for changing plugs.??