Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Decatting a Sti 8

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2004, 09:12 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decatting a Sti 8

I was considering putting a full decat on my sti 8 has anyone done this and were there any problams with det ? My sti 7 had a small amount of det with a decat centre only and I remember reading a post where someone had blown their Sti7 up and Subaru said it was due to the exhaust and wouldn't pay under warranty.
Anyone done this and what power gains have you seen ?

thanks
Jas
Old 10 August 2004, 10:56 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

on a newage wrx what has been decatted overfuelling was a big issue, sorted out with a ecutek remap. I would presume similiar problems on an sti.

I wouldnt trust just decatting a car on its own you have to get the ecu tuned to reflect and to be safe tbh. or you could decat and then get someone to monitor it with detcans or /and a knocklink to check if your car is ok.

if you are thinking about a decat and remap you should replace the panel filter on fuel pump as well.

with a decat and remap you are looking at about 315-330 from the averages on here.

with just a decat probably not much increase in bhp but the turbo will spool up much quicker and should stay on boost for longer.
Old 19 August 2004, 11:18 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

On new age STIs you need of course uprated fuel pump but the big problem is boost creeping/oscillation with only solution (except the need for bigger restrictor) wastegate porting.
In any case hou have to monitoring all the parameters after decatting!
JIM
Old 19 August 2004, 11:21 AM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Depends which version of the PPP you have on here.

Decat and Scoobysport backbox on my STI July 03 PPP UK model and fine, transformed the car. Kept the PPP centre section though.

Did the same thing on BAH's car and he has the latest PPP map on it and hit the boost cut all the time.

Are ways around it, ideally the best on is ECUTEK remap.

Oh we decatted my mates UK300 with PPP on, no det, boost controller on, no det and running fine.