Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Apexi Power Intake Fitted But !! MY93 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2004, 11:37 AM
CivicD
Scooby Regular

Location: On the other end of a Mobile Phone with GPRS...Thanks to Mr British Telecom..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Power Intake Fitted But !! MY93 WRX - HELP !!

Now I have a slight overboost problem on my MY93 WRX. Runs okay, ticks over okay..

Current mods as follows:

Apexi Induction Kit
Baileys DV
Decatted System, inc. uppipe (Don't think it had a cat anyways in the U/P)

With the Apexi Kit I got a kind of pipe thing that is supposed to go into the pipe that feeds the DumpValve. In the instructions (In Japanese) for Induction kit it has a recirc. DV pictured and not a VTA DV. Should I fit this anyways and would this bring the boost down a little.

Gonna make a Heatshield for the Airfilter to remove as much heat from the intake as possible once I get this other glitch sorted.

Any help would be great, Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Chris

P.S. - Do I need to reset the ECU as well after fitting the Induction Kit ?? and is this just a case of pulling a fuse or do I need to disconnect the battery etc..

Last edited by CivicD; 30 July 2004 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01 August 2004, 12:04 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

chris

not sure if the overboosting is a result on the filter but it would be worth resetting the ecu just to see if it makes a difference. simply disconnect the battery and leave for a few hours. when you reconnect, start the car and leave to idle for a few minutes, then take for a wee drive. don't hammer it, just drive easingly and after say 10 mins of that, take onto the bypass and ease the speed up to about 60 in 4th and hold it there for a wee while then up to 5th and keep about 80. it should be ok after about 10 mins of running along in 5th. then try it. after that, come back and let us know the outcome
Old 01 August 2004, 12:48 AM
CivicD
Scooby Regular

Location: On the other end of a Mobile Phone with GPRS...Thanks to Mr British Telecom..

Cheers Bud,

Wll do as you say tomorrow after I have fitted my new uppipe. Bloody things blowing like a Bird from Bangkock with a new toothbrush at the moment... , I doubt this is helping matters at all..

onder2:

Will update tomorrow..

Regards

Chris
Old 01 August 2004, 12:57 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

rotf!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01 August 2004, 11:16 PM
CivicD
Scooby Regular

Right, Done the uppipe, Left the battery off all day, took it for the above mentioned drive - And I still have over boost !!!

Peaking at about 1.5 Bar..

MAy just stick the OE airbox on with an STI filter...Don't want to risk busting anything.

Will clean the boost solenoid thing out tomorrow and if that does'nt work I will waz the original gear back on. Only started getting this problem after fitting the Induction Kit. Though I am not saying anything is wrong with it, just does'nt seem to suite my WRX.

Any other suggestions will be greatfully received..

Thanks again In Advance..

Regards

Chris
Old 02 August 2004, 08:47 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

could be the filter infact bud. iirc i was getting overboost but it never happened straight away after fitting the filter. what boost controller are you running m8?
Old 02 August 2004, 09:01 PM
CivicD
Scooby Regular

Hiya Bud,

Just the normal setup at the moment, Boost solenoid is it. I have a MBC here that I will try tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to control the boost a little better. Not too sure what would be a safe level of boost, any idea's ??

Regards

Chris
Old 02 August 2004, 09:04 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

it will raise boost a wee bit with full decat and filter, but how much is it overboosting by? and also, what do you intend to do with the car mod/power wise? if your planning on going a bit higher, say close to 300, i could say you might be worthwhile purchasing a good controller like the avcr and having andyf fit and set it up? expensive but you would be amazed at what can come out of it!!!
Old 02 August 2004, 09:06 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

yhpm soon