Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2004, 07:23 PM
Scooby23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide

Ok, i'm unsure which exhaust i should buy, either the afterburner vortex or the ninja, Could you please comment if you have either to help me decide, plus any pics of behind, preferably on a silver classic.

thanx

Scooby23
Old 08 July 2004, 07:48 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Hi

I have the afterburner vortex on my03 wrx. It sounds awesome! trust me your cannot help smile when you put your foot down. One thing, it is louder than the ninja but IMO looks better. I have the angled exit see pics below.

Sorry about picture quality was taken with my phone.

Old 09 July 2004, 08:59 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Scooby23
Ok, i'm unsure which exhaust i should buy, either the afterburner vortex or the ninja, Could you please comment if you have either to help me decide, plus any pics of behind, preferably on a silver classic.

thanx

Scooby23
Have a look here:

Clicky

Ninja for me - the biz, sorry pic below can't see box so well. I thought you were selling your motor matey?

Old 09 July 2004, 09:31 AM
RoosterRoo
Scooby Regular

Scooby23,

I have the ninja, and have been well pleased with it. It's got a great rumble at tickover, sounds fantasitc under boost (especially now I have the prodrive sports cat!), but isn't too intrusive on motorway journeys or if you have an early start it won't wake the whole street.

See the pic below, sorry it's not on a classic or silver, but gives an example of the size.

Old 10 July 2004, 06:17 PM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

I have a classic and have had both the Ninja and Afterburner vortex.

The Ninja is much quieter but has a lovely off beat flat four burble on tickover and sounds lovely on boost without bursting anybodies eardrums. On a full decat it is much deeper in tone and alittle louder. Just a decat downpipe makes a difference aswell. It looks fantastic, if big shiney five inchers are your thing. The quality is very good and it's excellent value for money and i think you may be able to pick up a new one for just £195 if you don't want the new stock with "Ninja" printed on the tail pipe.
I liked my Ninja very much....and rate it highly.

The Afterburner is a completely different beast. On my full decat it gives me extra power that my ninja could not ( especially around 4/5000 revs). If you have the Vortex make sure you have the Angled exit...it is this that gives the better performance ( at least on my full decat it does ). The angled exit looks great IMO and it is a very well made quality exhaust with a "burnt/titanium" type tip. It is loud....will drone on a motorway at 70mph.....but i love it. It has a deep rumble on tick over and driving about town but when you floor it your Grannies teeth will shatter...awesome. Its flat four howls and cracks through the airwaves like nothing i've heard before.

So it all depends on what your looking for in an exhaust. If noise levels might be a problem have the Ninja...if not go for the Afterburner for the performance.

Scoobyworld should be giving me commision