Oil Change...

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2004, 03:39 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Change...

Hello!

I have just got hold of a 95 WRX import and am doing some work to get it back on the road.

I have a question though...!

The oil filter seems in a very strange place (I have looked at pic of others and the filter is not there) It it located as you look in the engine bay on the left hand sided in front of the air filter :S. There is a rather chunky oil cooler placed infront of the rad with huge goodrich pipes connecting it.

I have read a few posts about engine faileur caused due to not priming the oil filter.. but I cant prime it as the filter is positioned "opening" down.

Anyone any idea whats going on here, and advice on doing the oil change

Thanks!
Old 23 June 2004, 09:01 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

sounds like yours has been modded to have a "remote" filter.................the advice about pre-filling,etc. doesn't apply in your case obviously, but would still recomend turning the engine over prior to running it to ensure the oil has reached the important parts!! just disconnect the crank sensor whilst doing this........................

must be fairly heavily modded to need the parts you have mentioned!!

alyn - asperformance.com
Old 23 June 2004, 10:57 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that!

Yes I think it is, the guy wasnt sure what was done to it tho! It has a HKS EVC, Apexi Rev/speek, huge exhaust! Ohlins suspension from what I have found!

When it is back on the road I am making a bline for Hyline in Cardiff to find out whats what with it!

Looking on the other oil change threads they mention removing the spark plugs, this looks like a right git of a job to do as the drivers side ones are totally unaccessable from the top on the engine!