Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Blitz Sonic Power Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2004, 02:19 PM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Blitz Sonic Power Air Filter

Hi guys, I bought a Blitz Sonic Power Air filter last week (I’m still waiting to be delivered to my house) for my Impreza WRX 04. Does anyone already bought this filter ? I think that is one of best… Is it good ? All the reviews that I’ve read were great but I’m looking for more information. Personal experiences maybe. Information about problems with the maf sensor… I’ve heard that the maf sensor in the new generation Impreza (03 and 04) is better than the previous one… maybe better is not the right word but less sensitive. This filter isn’t oil impregnated so maybe it doesn’t “kill” the maf…

Just as a precaution I’m thinking of buying a dawes devices to see if there’s anything strange going with the air mix…

Any experience form you will be great!

Thanks

NickyWRX
Old 05 May 2004, 05:22 PM
Mal26
Scooby Regular

Blitz will certainly give you a nice induction sound but little extra power. As you mentioned there can be problems with MAF failure and poor filtration and it will probably void you cars warranty! Usually induction kits are only required for highly tuned cars which required increased air feed for big horsepower!!

As for the Dawes device, this is a manual boost controller which can be used to increase boost. They do sell an air fuel meter also - have no experience of this.

Enjoy your new toys!!
Old 05 May 2004, 06:59 PM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Sorry, the Dawes devices that I was saying is a thing with four lights. From blue to red. It's a device that reads the quality of the air/fuel mix.
Old 06 May 2004, 08:20 AM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Ok, let's imagine that because of the induction kit I have a problem with the maf. What's the first thing to notice ?
Old 06 May 2004, 08:49 AM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NickyWRX
Ok, let's imagine that because of the induction kit I have a problem with the maf. What's the first thing to notice ?
The first thing you might notice is that after a good run it will stall when your at a halt, thats what mine did anyway!
I was using the Blitz mesh type filter and changed to a K&N and no problems!
The only thing is the performance was better out of the Blitz its just a shame it eats MAFs
Old 06 May 2004, 01:57 PM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Turbo Dave
The first thing you might notice is that after a good run it will stall when your at a halt, thats what mine did anyway!
I was using the Blitz mesh type filter and changed to a K&N and no problems!
The only thing is the performance was better out of the Blitz its just a shame it eats MAFs
Uupps... Now I'm affraid! Blitz eat's MAFs... Why the hell do I choose the blitz instead of an K&N...