Blitz NurSpec R

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2004, 04:15 PM
edge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blitz NurSpec R

Hi.

I'm considering the purchase of a Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust, but am a bit concerned with the noise level. From searching around scoobynet, it seems it's one of the loudest around. Not that i don't like the noise, but not on an everyday basis.

Can someone tell me what the noise level is with the removable baffle inserted? How it compares to, say, a Scoobysport backbox+centre section.

It's just that I've never heard one before, and in my country (Portugal) it's very hard to find someone with that kind of exhaust.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo

Last edited by edge; 06 March 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06 March 2004, 08:18 PM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

the blitz is very loud, much more than a scooby sport, but its all depends on what you want. I found my scooby sport was nearly perfect as it enhanced the burble of the flat four and its was loud enough to get you noticed everywhere - everyone turned when they heard it. The only real downside was the way it looked - 'bit normal like' but that disappeared when your started the engine up. My wife would know when I was getting close to home through the din of 3 kids at tea time so its says it all really.

anyway, I've gone for a firestorm this time around. Mainly as a 4 week wait for a ss was daft, and the firestorm seems the perfect compromise for me - looks fantastics, sounds unbelievable, louder still than the ss but retains the burble without going 'max powerish'. Personally i couldn't tell the difference in volume between the blitz and the firestorm and i was lucky enough to hear them together side by side - I just preferred the note and resonance of the fs.

best to try and hear both together if you can and then go for what you like best. I do 500 miles a week, mainly motorway and the noise inside would have droned a bit, but there we go.

just heard from ss when i cancelled my order, with lots of apoligies - still the firestom came through in 2 days and that did it for me as i couldn't wait any longer. But the ss good and will get you noticed

best of luck
Old 06 March 2004, 08:59 PM
wooosh
Scooby Regular

I have the Blitz on mine and I think its a fantastic exhaust. The choice with the bung is great. With the bung in it sounds similar to the SS but with a rip as it hits mid to high revs. It is perfect for buzzing about town. You'll have no problems.

With the bung out the Blitz takes on a new life and is very loud and people hear you from miles away. Good for when you feel like going for a razz.

Also the blitz is of excellent build quality compared to the Firestorm. The welds and general fabrication are in a different league IMHO.

Go for it. you'll love it.......

Last edited by wooosh; 06 March 2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06 March 2004, 11:26 PM
edge
Scooby Regular

First of all, thanks for your answers.

And as for the bung, can you put it on and take it off as you please, or does it cause any problems if you do it often? Like engine problems, and reliability issues. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question, but i don't know much mechanics, especially Subarus (and there's few people around here that do...).

Cheers,

Paulo
Old 07 March 2004, 04:56 AM
wooosh
Scooby Regular

nah, it doesn't cause many problems, you can put it in and out (oo err) as much as you like. Here's a pic of the bung...

i might know of a second hand one for sale. It is almost brand new and has only been on a car for 5 weeks.