Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HP boost from 57i

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2001, 03:42 PM
IggDawg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all. I have a US MY02 TS with the 2.5. I'm wondering about how much extra HP one can get with the induction kit. The engine is about the same as all the 2.5 RS engines. How's everyone doing with these? I'm just seeing if its worthwhile to spend the time and green on an induction kit. Everyone seems to have one, so I suspect its a good idea, but I'd like to get an idea of how much extra power I can expect from the kit.

Also, wat exactly is this kit. Its hard to find around here, and I'm too impatient for anything mail-order. is it just a metal pipe with a K&N cone fitted on the und that replaces all the old air plumbing? I assume its all attached to the old air-cleaner box and the old filter is removed. it seems that's all it is unless there's some evil magic that goes into the process.

-IggDawg
Old 05 September 2001, 04:17 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Around 5bhp but depends what other mods you have.

You remove a fair it of the original pipework and the resonator box. The cone then bolts on to the MAF sensor and all the other small pipes fit in either the base of the cone or the new sections of rubber tube.

MB
Old 06 September 2001, 06:00 PM
spr
Scooby Regular

hi IggDawg I have a GT Impreza and it is fitted with a 57i kit K&N and I bot it when I got the car new and I did not feel any diffrent's entail I got the full exhaust system

Best Regards
Steven
Old 07 September 2001, 02:32 PM
IggDawg
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks all. I don't think I'm ready to fit a new exhaust system on teh car yet. its only a few months old =). I took some aluminum piping and a few rubber couplers with clamps and simply replaced teh original intake pipes. I'm still using the original air box and cleaner element. I have it fitted to suck from the fender well. IT doesn't give too much more pull, but its a lot more responsive. the pull I do get comes a lot quicker. Its also significantly louder... but in a good way =). I'm 22 and have my first new car, so its OK to **** off a few people right ??

-IggDawg