Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HELP...

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2001, 02:57 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you may or may not know I have been putting a new clutch in my car... this is done now!

But When I first got the car the check engine light was flashing..

I thought this may disappear with leaving battery off whilst did clutch (been off a month now with me being on hols etc.)

Reconnected it and started the car.. check engine light still on... doh.

It Flashes Twice Slowly, and twice fast

from what I can work out on the net... this is fault code 22 - Throttle Position Sensor

I presume this is the bit next to where the outlet pipe from intercooler goes into inlet manifold...

Are these prone to failure, Scooby have quoted 132.14 +vat for the Part, and I dont want to pay that, if it isnt faulty... can it been cleaned?? or can I check it with a scope or multimeter?? Anybody know what impedience it should be if so?

Also I have noticed that if you blip the throttle hard and fast the engine revs drop and then the car revs.. and then if you revs fthe car it hunts a bit and then settles back a 1000rpm.

Help... Theres beer in it if it (is that bad english or what?) costs less that 155.26 inc vat.

David
Old 02 August 2001, 05:24 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
doh that says knock sensor...

Do i need the connectors connected... or if it is flashing can I just read the code???
Old 02 August 2001, 07:58 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

right...

Have checked knock sensor.... removed off car looks ok? checked with multimeter and has circuit...

Anybody know how much they are...

I am assuming that it is not the engine as it showed up before I started the engine.

Where does the wire run to... anybody got a circuit diagram... so I can trace the cable and check it is ok... does it go straight to the ecu and if so what colour wire / pin??

Car is 94uk turbo

David