Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Warranty Cover Clutch Release Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2001, 05:01 PM
Iain Cockburn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

...please advise me if this is not correct. Requested that dealer repaired a droaning noise coming from the clutch when its released (Clutch Release Bearing). Car is under 3 yrs old so covered under warranty. Declined because the car had covered 41k and it's wear and tear. Quoted 350+parts. Is this correct or will another dealer be able to assist. HELP!!!!!!
Old 06 July 2001, 06:52 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Iain

If the bearing is noisey it is covered. Period.

Wear and tear is not covered, but to clarify that you need to say 'fair ware and tear'. Example (and this has happend at our dealership on more than one occasion) Wheel bearing noise, 40k ish miles. Covered no problem because the bearing should last a lot longer than 40k.

Sure they won't change the whole clutch, just the bearing. Perhaps ask them to change the centre and pressure plates while the box is out and pay the parts and 15 mins extra labour.

David
Old 06 July 2001, 08:17 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

i.m only give 12 months or 15-20,000 mls on clutch related parts due to customers taking advantage of worn out clutchs and getting them replaced for judder. we do have a hard time getting them to replace clutches out side of this period. but they should replace it i think coz the car does come with a 3yr warranty so every thing should be covered no matter wot the mileage
Old 06 July 2001, 10:04 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Red face

I just had the clutch replaced under warranty for this problem at 9 months/12K.

Dealer did say that Subaru will do most things in the first year but sometimes get 'funny' after this. Apparently first year problems are treated as teething problems.

However, 41K of road miles is not a lot of miles on a clutch these days, and I don't care how much they whine that it is a high performance car, the clutch like all parts should be fit for purpose.

Call Subaru and moan like mad until they do it for free.

Of course, if you've done lot's of track days or standing starts, they may well change their minds when they get the clutch out........ good luck!