Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

320bhp and above opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2004, 08:14 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
car isnt that high but will be shortly, what do people think of torque, grip and ***** to push it got the car a way im happy with but took someone for a spin in mine whos car is much more powerfull than mine say 100bhp more <cheers jonny> and the power wasnt there on my car over 5000rpms compared to his,im realy happy the way mine pulls with my new mods power comes in very quick and im happy to change gear at 4000rpm wonder how all you bigger boys handle the power and not be bothered. can you rev the car thru the gears since you upped the power and think nothing of it, do your tyres handle the power, how long did it take for for you to be able to floor the car thru the gears and not care, and are you used to your car and never think god i need to spend more cash on mods just curious
Old 04 January 2004, 08:48 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has recently been mapped and i love it.

Loads of mods like bigger turbo, fmic, inj etc and all got mapped in one hit.

I love it. I cant stop grinning. My pulls all the way to 7000 like a hot momma and then change.

didnt take long to get used to it, especially with Pavlo and Tweenierob both in the car saying floor it

Tyres are fine so far, but wont be soon cause i love launch control.

By the way, you will never stop modding. I cant stop grinning with mine, but when you come on here and here some of the nutters out there pushing over 450bhp, you want more
Old 04 January 2004, 08:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
are you happy with the car money my last mod was an RA gear box so the car pulls well but how scary does it get when the power goes up and its a daily driver such as mine
Old 04 January 2004, 09:19 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

More power's no problem, just remember you don't need to push the accelerator quite so far down
Tyres - far more affected by bad (or 'interesting' ) tracking than the power. Unless you use the power to drive like a looney all the time - but then the real problem becomes the brakes. Oh, and the suspension not being able to handle it... then the clutch might become a bit dicky, followed by the gearbox...
My advice would be: if you're happy with it now, don't fiddle (). Wait until you're not happy, and then have a go. You may well find that there's more 'fun' in sorting the suspension anyway, depending on what your typical roads are.
320bhp isn't too expensive, or indeed lokely to cause any problems, but you'd want an uprated turbo & remap, preferably an uprated intercooler. And the brakes to stop them all, and and and...
Old 05 January 2004, 08:17 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Recently had new turbo, FMIC, induction kit etc fitted along with previous work so pushing realistic 355bhp. The Scooby handles this perfectly well. No worries with weather as you still have four wheels to put the power down, just have to be a bit circumspect on occasions.

Car trundles around town just like a standard car but open it up and hang on! If you want another opinion just ask RB5286 what it's like.

Cheers
Phil
Old 05 January 2004, 08:56 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My car is a daily driver mate and i love it.

I think thats the whole point with mine, i cant go for to mad power as i dont want the car being off the road for 9months of the year or more! lol

I need it everyday

Scary at first - but now just big grin factor