Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

PE T75 EXHAUST Vs SCOOBYSPORT

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2001, 04:54 PM
PBH888
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Have the Scooby sport system installed at the moment and wanted to know of there is anything to be gained from using a PE system. Sound ? Performance ? Torque ?
Old 22 March 2001, 05:50 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I have a full SS system would not change for the world, I live near PE and their system is well made, quite but I don't really know about the gains. If the gains were that good then why are loads of scoob drivers buying SS.

I have something great keep it.

TC (MOE)h
Old 22 March 2001, 06:56 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Now I'm preparing myself for a roasting here but what may be worthwhile is getting a better designed down pipe, like BPM PE or scoobymania, I am looking into getting a system myself and have been reading previous posts on the bb and talking to others, opinion is that a twin down pipe like those mentioned above should give better gains.
Is it worth handing out another £250+ ( PE is £320 + fitting) can't answer that one.

As for me I'll be getting the full Scoobymania system ( insurance company confirmed it will be at minimal extra premium

Andy
Old 22 March 2001, 08:15 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Me to Andy but I`m keeping my P1 back box.
Old 23 March 2001, 12:24 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Consider the Scoobymania system... it's a genuine 3" all the way through, unlike the PE system, and it has a less restrictive downpipe than the PE system. I currently have the PE downpipe on my car... I will be changing it for something less restrictive. I own a PE CATed T75 centre section too, but that is _at_least_as_ restrictive as the Magnex 2.5" mid-section that I actually run on the car.

Scoobysport system gets a lot of good reviews... I have their backbox, it's great, but again, I will be changing it in the near future. Your choice should factor in how much further you wish to tune the car after the exhaust... if you have a UK car with a scoobysport system and a link you will probably be very happy... If you are tuning further, I would have a serious look at a 3" system like the scoobymania one... which is a bit cheaper to, IIRC.

Moray
Old 23 March 2001, 12:57 AM
MDavenport
Scooby Regular

I am seriously considering the PE T75 downpipe and centre section (Cat'ed) to still remain MOT emission legal.

Does anyone know if the SS Downpipe will bolt onto a PE T75 centre section (Cat'ed) and still remain emission legal???

Mark
Old 23 March 2001, 05:43 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

I suspect the SS D/P will bolt to a PE CAT centre... this is because the PE 3" T75 system drops to ~2.5" at each join in the system so

1) it will bolt up to standard bits.
2) it will effectively loose much of the 3" advantage by presenting big restriction to the gasflow at each join... Bit like that silly AOL add with the big red sports car fitted with a tiny little 1 cylinder mower engine.
Old 23 March 2001, 10:05 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Also the BPM.

The BPM is also 3" all the way thru. They now do backboxes/mids in stainless and the dps are HPCed, unlike the Scoobymania copies.

Choice of tailpipes too
Old 23 March 2001, 11:48 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

i have a PE T75 down pipe on my MY00.at the last rolling road day at Star(magnex b/b), there was no bhp gain compared to other MY00's with just a back box.in fact some were a few horse higher.my torque was slightly higher and rose steeper,than the other graphs i saw for MY00's.i have since changed to a magnex centre section,which i feel has helped although i should have gone for a silenced one.
one thing on 3"full systems,a friend put one on his MY98 last year.he does a bit of rallying and took it off about 10 days later.the reason for this was because he felt it did not pull out of corners as well,especially at Knockhill hair-pin.he told me it was good higher up the revs but had buggered it low down.the car was never on a dyno,but i also put the car round K/hill twice last year,once standard and once with the full system and would have to agree with him,it did pull really well above about 4500rpm far better than my car.

john