Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Blitz Single SBC & capable boost pressure

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2001, 05:43 PM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody out there use the base model Boost controller ,the Blitz Single-SBC?
I'd like to purchase that item but two questions arose :

1) my dealer says the valve that comes with it doesn't fit because its a three way valve?? (whatever that means)
2) Most shops say tha it is capable of 1.2 bar but can i also go lower like 1.1 bar with the Single SBC?

If I want to go for a Dual SBC how difficult (or easy) is the installation for both the S-SBC and the D-SBC and since I'm going to bring these items from my next trip to Japan in April, where can I get English installation guides?

Thanks,
Ramon
Old 14 March 2001, 07:10 AM
Trex350
Scooby Newbie

I have a Blitz DSBC and its not so user friendly if you are not technically inclined to the workings of the dual solenoids. You preset the boost which you would want to run. And the unit will (read try) to maintain this boost. I set mine at 1.0 bar but managed to register 1.23bar before the unit starts to reduce the boost. Bear in mind it has an annoying beep when you hit your preset boost limit. This beep is ok when you are getting familiar to the unit but becomes irritating as time goes by. Dont forget that your factory ECU will also have a safety boost cut that will activate itself once you reach the factory preset boost limit. This can be removed by the purchase of another electronic gizmo.

On the plus side, the earlier than normal kick in the back response is addictive.However, like all things, moderation is the key word if you have a stock engine internals. Otherwise you will soon be enquiring on an engine rebuilds. Also note that once you get into this game you will need better fuelling , knock sensors and ignition timing control gadgets.

I would however recommend the Apexi AVC-R this is a more sophisticated boost controller as you can map boost against revs and also set boost to match the gear you are in. Motec's, Link's and Unichip's are in a different category as these items seperates the men from the boys. Dont get me wrong but sometimes the boys have less sleepness nights
ie. they do not have re-mapping nightmares the men have. It all boils down to how much you want to get out of the engine without killing it first. Power with reliability is the ultimate achievement.

Last but not least the guys who installs it for you is the biggest most important variable that you have to deal with. This is the scary part. Good luck.

Old 14 March 2001, 05:42 PM
Alberick
Scooby Regular

Thanks Trex,

Sure I wanna keep it very safe, not over 1.1 bar! But still I would like to hear from someone having the S-SBC installed. On the Japanese Blitz homepage it sasy that the unit can handle 1.2 bar but can it also go lower? I just wanna know if the user can define this on the S-SBC.

Thanks,
Ramon