Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Loads of stuff

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2001, 12:18 AM
Mikeyboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello everyone, I am happy to say that this is my first post. I have checked out the bulletin board for some time now and have been very impressed with the quality of advice given. Hence I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a MY95 Sti 2 type RA with an ss backbox and ITG filter.

First question. I need a new clutch and have been looking at the Helix clutch from scoobysport and AP from Powerengineering (more expensive but apparently better). What do people think of these two in terms of price/performance ratio. I'd love some feedback and any suggestions of other makes.

Secondly, I am, as is everyone, concerned about detonation, and would love a bit more power/torque/mpg. I have checked out much info about the Link, Unichip and PE conversion. What do you all think is the best for my car, and the best value for money?

Thirdly, where's a good place to get seventeen inch wheels and tyres that won't kill my bank balance?

Finally (phew!), if anyone has any general advice about good/bad points of the car that I have I would love to hear. Especially people who own the same car (I know you're out there somewhere).

many thanks to you all for any time that you can spare. i hope to be able to contribute myself when appropriate.

Enjoy your cars!

Mikeyboy
Old 22 January 2001, 08:21 PM
Nigel Bowles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mikey,
I have had a clutch fitter at ScoobySport and it performs the same as before, unknown make. Whilst you are doing the job I would highly recommend fitting a lightened flywheel.
ScoobySport do a good set of 17's, as do F1 Accessories near Brands Hatch. You'll be looking between 750 and a grand.
As for fuel problems, try Broquet's in the fuel tank. (you need to open the tank from the boot to fit).
Engine management is only as good as the person fitting and programming it. You need to talk to the companies, find someone who has the same view on tuning as you do and go with them.
Personally, I will be going with Bob Rawle and his recommendations.
By the way, get your suspension 4-wheel aligned. Several places now know what ProDrive settings are and can set your car up the same. I used Elite in Rainham Essex.
If you are near kent, look out for Clang n Ball runs in the Southern section.
Hope you enjoy the Scooby
Nigel