Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Emission Compliance...Boring I know!

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2001, 10:00 AM
Jacko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am in two minds what to do about purchasing an Exhaust system without any Catalysts in the system. There are numerous stated power/torque increases using ScoobySport, Scoobymania, GGR complete systems etc but what do you guys that have got these systems do when it comes to the dreaded M.O.T TIME? Earlier cars have less stringent emission legislation to meet, so therefore could possibly get away with a non-cat system. Later model however, would not met the legislation target. What is the experience out there in the field? We all know the history with changing of exhaust systems, i.e. nuts threading etc so what happens to these fitted systems at M.O.T time? Road side emission checks on Sunday mornings could also be a major concern...Any thoughts from the populous?????
Old 17 January 2001, 07:48 PM
Alex Clydesdale
Scooby Regular

Ive bought a Scoobysport downpipe and centre section - for the track only, of course! my car will have both cats on it for its next MOT.
Old 18 January 2001, 08:31 AM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

Question

on a slightly different note, is it better to go to the mot test with a hot engine or as cool as you can get it(I'm no expert on engines and stuff).
I have a MY98 sti with OE exhaust, and broquet fitted, which has improved the smoothness and power of the car.

thanks
Phill