Hyperflow Cold Air Kit

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2003, 01:08 PM
B
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Just fitted one to my MY03.

It now seems to pull stronger through the rev range, and sounds fecking superb!

Apparently you don't need the car mapped either- I was told there were probs with some of the earlier cold air kits, although I will brobably have the TEK tweaked anyway.

It was a bit of a pig to fit, but once I got the arch liner out it was plain sailing and well worth the effort.

A big thanks to Jamie @ JW Racing for all his help, and for getting it to me next day although I only ordered at 3pm the day before!
Old 18 December 2003, 01:18 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Any pictures/links?
Old 18 December 2003, 06:22 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Talking

HI John and B!

Glad you liked the kit, some pics can be seen on the site www.j-w-racing.com or www.hyperflow.com.au.

We are the sole Hyperflow importers into the UK now and have been more than impressed with the quality and results from these kits and the intercoolers, so let me know if you'd like more details.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com
www.dawesdevices.co.uk

[Edited by Jamie Whitfield - 12/18/2003 6:23:51 PM]
Old 18 December 2003, 07:59 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

So is this another wheelarch type kit - as in a bit like the APS kit, but without the underreasing MAF issues? Got to admit, if it is, I'm also tempted.

Slightly off-topic: Jamie - as you used to stock APS (and I'm still enjoying their exhaust you sold me last year) Any comments on relative merits of the APS / hyperflow TMICs?
Old 18 December 2003, 08:08 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

LOL Yes there are many comments available offline!

No seriously I decided to kick APS into touch over other issues not relating to their actual products, all I can say is there exhaust system was excellent, but slightly overpriced, of course I believe you bought mine which saved you plenty of money though. The intercoolers worked well, but are no where near the quality of Hyperflow, that goes for the filters too.

The beauty of the Hyperflow filters is that they work as well if not better, without the need for a remaped engine which was the downfall with APS.

It must be said that Hyperflow are actually the worlds biggest selling intercooler for Subaru, as for the past 2 years or more the US have outsold anything in the market place throughthe US Distributor Turbo XS!

If you need any more info or a chat about the whole APS vs Hyperflow situation please get in touch!

Jamie

[Edited by Jamie Whitfield - 12/18/2003 8:09:50 PM]
Old 29 December 2003, 07:37 PM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Anyone have more pictures with that Hyperflow Cold Air kit fitted ?
Old 29 December 2003, 07:42 PM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

I've just ordered mine two days ago... And I'm very interested because I don't know how to put the kit in the car. Maybe I have to wait to see it my self. I hope it doesn't take too long to ship it to Portugal.

Thanks
Nicky

Trending Topics

Old 29 December 2003, 11:44 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

It must be said that Hyperflow are actually the worlds biggest selling intercooler for Subaru
Interesting comment... I haven't heard of many people in this country using them, which is a pity cause i've had mine the best part of 3 years as a front mount and never had any issues with it at all. Fitted perfectly and works perfectly for my needs.

Alan
Old 30 December 2003, 09:44 AM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Nicky/Pedro!

You ordered the pod filter instead of the CAK, if you want the cold air kit please let me know and I will change the order for you.

HI Alan

You saw the merits of the HYperflow long before most people over here, but as the US is such a massive market, that's how they have been the worlds biggest seller for the past year or so!

Hyperflow deliveries are expected early next year, and we can't wait to get the IC's and air filters out to people just to put them on the map in the UK!

Jamie
Old 30 December 2003, 11:03 AM
NickyWRX
Scooby Regular

Uppsss Jamie...
What's the diference ? Don't scary me... In www.hyperflow.com.au I saw a picture of what I've ordered in a Silver My03. I just thought that the big diference was the size of the aluminium pipe between the pod and the CAK.

Thanks
Pedro