Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

New here, have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2000, 04:26 AM
Ebanks
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan and I am from Springfield, MO (USA).

I recently ordered a 2002 model WRX (it will be here in late march ). Since this is the first year they are going to be offered in the US it is hard to find any parts here (Especially since they aren't even in the country yet).

So basically I was hoping you all could give me a rundown of the basic order of upgrades on this car, and what websites I can check out for info.

I would like to go stand alone engine managemene instead of piggy back systems (i.e. I would like Haltech or Motec instead of having to deal with an AVC-R, Super AFC, Super ITC, etc.). Is the APEXi power fc available for the WRX?

Also, who all makes turbo upgrade kits for the car.... I want to get the parts here before the car so that I can just modify it as soon as I get the motor broke in.

Also, just to let you guys know I have owned the following cars, and if you ever have any questions about them let me know and I'd be glad to help if I can...

1. Acura Integra GSR (with Supercharger and 13" 4 pot brake upgrade, among other things)
2. 1993 RX7 TT (intake, exhaust, AFC, BOV, etc.)
3. 1995 Acura NSX-T (bone stock)
4. 1994 Supra TT, Intake, Downpipe, Exhaust(HKS 4" titanium , HKS EVC V Boost Controller, Field Super FC, Intake, BOV, Hard IC pipes... I ran 1.4 bar on pump gas with this car, and it was a beast, but not as much as my current car which is....
5. 1995 Lexus SC300 (soarer)... Built motor, ported head, single turbo upgrade (Turbonetics T63), 120 shot direct port NOS, Accel DFI Engine Management, MSD Ignition, etc., etc. This motor is just about to be broken in (only 900 miles left), and we are shooting for 700-750 RWHP on pump gas, and over 800 RWHP on race gas.... It ran an 11.3 quarter mile before the built motor, built, tranny, stand alone engine management, and the larger turbo that is on it now, so it SHOULD (our goal anyways) is a low 10 sec. quarter mile at over 140 MPH. This is my daily driver. I may sell it when I get the WRX, but I am trying to figure out how I could keep both, hopefully I can!

If you want to see some pics of my SC300 motor build up check out my website at: