Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

PPP back Box Vs Prodrive Box sold seperately

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2003, 05:21 PM
lightningwrx03
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New question,
the PPP box comes with other mods by Prodrive and there is Prodrive box sold as a seprate unit , will they both be OK. Or will the PPP Box need changes to the ECU maping by prodrive etc to make sure that warranety is not invalid

Please help me someone to clear up this question.
Old 10 December 2003, 06:18 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

you won't need a remap, unless you get the whole decat thing - and even then, it's only really necessary if you've changed the ECU (IMHO - correct me if I'm wrong!)

Personally, the PPP backbox is nicer (all round sound and look), although the WR Sport backbox is bigger

Couldn't comment on performance aspect - I went for a ScoobySport instead of a PPP box

Dan
Old 10 December 2003, 06:27 PM
lightningwrx03
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Great thanks for that,
I would go for the scoobysport but the car is only 7 months old and i am worried about any issues with Warranty. The garage have confrimed that if its a Prodrive part th warranty will still be valid.
They told me that scoobysport could effect the engine and all that. I personally, am not that sure that a back box could do that much damage to the engine, i understand that the back pressure is all part of th engine set up, but surely this could not damage the engine set up that much.

Hence i am looking at the choice of PPP or the Prodrive back box sold seprately, to be sure. Now just need to find someone who has got one for sale that will fit a wrx03
Old 12 December 2003, 10:11 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

The back boxes from MY01 onwards will fit MY03.

Andy.
Old 12 December 2003, 10:48 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Back pressure on a turbo motor like this is not really an issue mate. As you rightly say a Scoobysport back box will no more effect the engine than the Prodrive version. The salesman is trying to install fear in you, so you buy the official item at a vastly increased markup.

I've had a WR sport BB and a PPP backbox. The only detectable difference between the two being the shape of the tail pipe. WR sport = Oval 100mm x 75mm ish PPP 90mm round. I did think the WR sport box was slightly louder but not for long as I soon went the decat route.

Both good back boxes. Down to personal choice which shape you prefer. Hold out for the one you want.

Nathan..