Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2000, 10:11 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Chan,

You're best bet would probably be to speak to Jan Shim who lives in your area, he has used the HKS EVC and the Link. With the EVC the boost is consistent, it rises very smoothly, holds and then gently decreases at higher revs. I would imagine that this decrease in revs is due to the standard TD04 turbocharger running out of puff. There is a switch on the back of the evc which allows it to hold the preset boost no matter what so even if your turbocharger is worn it will work it harder to acheive the same boost, I leave this function turned off on mine. The HKS EVC is brilliant and arguably the best device on the market for controlling boost only beaten by the more complex EVC pro. I'm not sure how well the link works with external boost controllers, I popped the question a while ago and was told that it had to use the standard boost solenoid (replaced for the three port one though).

hth
Nito
Old 21 November 2000, 10:17 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

I ought to answer the question a little better really.

There is marginal overboost with the EVC if you say back off and reapply the throttle but this is in the region of 0.02bar at most which is minimal. The boost does not fluctuate. Before fitting the EVC the boost on my car used to fluctuate wildly and overboost, with the boost needle showing spikes and troughs everywhere. Boost is so much more controlled now.

Nito
Old 22 November 2000, 01:41 AM
JK88
Scooby Newbie

Cool

How about an APEXi AVC-R? which is more intelligent than the HKS one or any other on the market.

Check out this web site for more detials:
heep://www,upauto.co.uk