Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

HKS AFC thingy wot do it do?

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2000, 06:55 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Could someone please tell me what exactly this thing does as I have just buoght a MY 95 wrx sti and it has one of these things fitted .
Cheers Dave
Old 16 February 2000, 04:18 AM
Wreckleford
Scooby Regular

HKS AFC? I don't know of HKS making an AFC. I know Apex-i makes one. The AFC stands for Air fuel controller. It's a little piggyback computer that allows you to increase or decrease the airflow signal delivered to the ECU so that you can lean or richen your air fuel mixture. It's used by Eclipse people i nthe states to lean out the a/f ratio mixture for more power and to postpone fuel-cut and also to allow the stock ECU to work with larger injectors.

HKS makes a device that is called the VPC (vein pressure converter)which is used to eliminate the MAF, so that it doesn't create a restriction. It also has the ability to control a/f ratio mixtures, but from what I understand it is limited in it's ability to tune a/f ratios. They make a piggy back computer for it called the GCC (graphic whatever whatever) which allows control closer to what the super AFC allows)
Old 16 February 2000, 06:39 PM
pat
Scooby Regular

Big Bear,

AFAIK, HKS do an AFR (which alters the output from the MAF/AFM) and a VPC (which replaces the MAF/AFM) but I don't know of an AFC. There are loads of other HKS goodies, are you sure it's an HKS part?

Cheers,

Pat.