Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

MY00

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 1999, 05:47 PM
Steve Gee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Now a month into running my MY00. It has a ITG air filter and Scoobysport backbox.
My impression is that, it is not as free revving as my totally standard MY97 was. There is definately some, what I assume to be, turbo lag between 2500-3500 revs, and it seems to struggle to get past this. Once past 3500 it's fine. Any other MY00 owners noticed this?
Also the backbox is covered in black! I use BP super-unleaded and don't remember the MY97 being this dirty! Any comments?
Has anyone fitted the side protectors? I'm advised that they don't look too hot? BUT when you consider that I'd only had the car two weeks when some B****** put a lovely dent in my door with theirs whilst I was shopping, I am considering protecting mine!!
Cheers
Old 14 November 1999, 06:59 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Hello Steve,

I just collected my MY00 Deep Blue Mica Turbo on Saturday. I had the bump strips fitted for the obvious reasons and think they look spot on with a dark colour like DBM. I would not be so sure on the lighter colours but it all comes down to personal taste. They cost me £ 65.00 fitted but I think I could have got them cheaper as I made the stupid mistake of telling them my mate paid £70.00 'ish before they priced them! I think he said the parts only were £45.00. Why not go down to your dealer and offer a set out of the Parts Dept upto the doors?
With regard to your lag problem I'm still running in so cannot comment.

Otis.
Old 14 November 1999, 08:47 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I'm thinking of fitting the bump strips as well. Can't you get them colour coded? I had my splash guards colour coded and they look the biz

Stefan
Old 14 November 1999, 08:57 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Hello Ozzy,

The bump strips have either "Subaru" or "Impreza" written in them, I'm not sure which and don't feel like going outside to the garage to have a look. Anyway, you would probably have to overspray these (?) and I think it is the most striking thing about them.

Otis.
Old 14 November 1999, 09:30 PM
Steve Gee
Scooby Regular

Hi Otis,
Mine too is Dark Mica Blue, so I'll try what you suggested.
What do you think of the six spoke alloys?
Cheers
Steve
Old 16 November 1999, 11:03 AM
ED CZAJKOWSKI
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

What do you think of the six spoke alloys?

The Aussie response to the six spoke wheels was very sad...

We had the National Marketing Manager of Subaru Australia speak at our WRX club meeting in Melbourne recently. There was a show of hands to see who liked the new wheels. In a room of about 200+ people, two put up their hands in favour. The Subaru rep was obviously disappointed. I know for a fact that one of the six-spoke lovers is a MY00 owner!

ED.