Search this Thread

Old 22 August 1999, 01:08 PM
malique
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Racing clutch.

I know of 2 brands:

1)Exedy - single and twin plate. My mate *not my wife* has purchased the twin plate and is installing it this following week. If anyone is interested to know how it performs pls post questions in this forum as other members such as DYNT can also respond.

2)Gab/cusco - single plate

Advantages: Good bite.
Disadvantages: Poor drivability in stop start traffic as half clutching results in a shorter lifespan of the clutch. It results in progress to be very jerky.

Competition clutch

1) Centerforce

2) Borg Warner

Advantage: Feels like the standard clutch but better in bite.

Disadvantage: helluva expensive.

All I am looking for is a clutch that performs better than the standard clutch but doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

Members input from own experiences are indeed invaluable and much appreciated. If you have fitted an aftermarket clutch to your car please make a posting.
Old 22 August 1999, 05:06 PM
DYNT
Scooby Regular

AP Racing Plate- Need to machine the clutch cover unless U get the STi cover which is expencive. (ceramic)

Exedy Single plate- This unit don't last long and the pads easily crack. Cheap..very cheap.. <300lbs of torque (ceramic)

Exedy Twin plate - Very good and expencive. Need not modified the push-pull system. Fit straight in...cool stuff and nice looking. Price is Singapore dollar 2500..<600lbs of torque.(ceramic)

Os Giken Twin Plate- Price the same with Exedy Twin Plate but need to buy the yoke and bearing kit which add another Sing.600. Good set too. (ceramic)

Borge Warner- Group N plate. Single plate type.... good. (ceramic)

Helix - Group N plate. Good. (ceramic)

There might be a chance that the AP/Borge Warner/Helix are made by the same factory.

As for me... Still the original set till today. Been 2yrs with me car without any problem with the standard clutch...hehehehe

Sir Malique ..would U like to have me secondhand ceramic button clutch set?? Only 1 month old.... have plenty of used 2 to 3 month old ceramic button clutch plate.
Old 25 August 1999, 09:36 AM
malique
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Off all the members here, no one uses an aftermarket clutch set? Come on peeps!