Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Central diff from type R, RA (fitting into modded STi wagon questions)

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2003, 11:25 AM
hrubago
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have modyfied STi 3 wagon with haltech engine management and front ATB diff. Have possibility to buy STi RA drivetrain with electronic adjustable diff.

My question is:
1) is the central electronic adjustable diff fully independent system or it need some ECU function and other senzors readings? Is it easy replaceable (only plug and play into my car?
2) Also heard some about electronic diff control computer (i thing town end garage is the developer/manufacturer) which can set diff depended on driving conditions. Different settings during cornering, braking, accelerating. But i think all the measurings is taken from standard ECU. Is there a possibility to have diff computer together with HAltech?
Old 29 October 2003, 12:01 PM
Erik
Scooby Regular

Last sentence is question No3
We know GEMS makes ECU witch can cope with up top 3 active difs and we want to know if is there any chance make it with Haltech too.
If that old (not USA STi version) dif is standalone system than the question is: Can we use it with Haltech ECU driving with custom maping for different surfaces?

Best way is plug into ECU directly if it is not possible we want to know if we need any "magic" box for translating/transmiting/... signals for ECU.
Old 31 October 2003, 09:32 AM
hrubago
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

No answer ???
Old 02 November 2003, 07:49 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try calling www.townendgarage.co.uk they have a lot of experience in this field with thier rally cars. They are Gems people too. might help?
Graham.
Old 02 November 2003, 09:23 AM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

The centre diff ecu is a seperate one. As far as I know the wiring should be in your car as part of the wiring loom. As others have said, call Stuart at Townend and check.