Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Questions for the ScoobyEcu Guys

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2003, 01:40 AM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have been reading some very good things about your ScoobyEcu project and am very interested.

Currently I have a Jap 93WRX, when I first had it I took it to power engineering to put it on the RR and it came off with a very poor figure of 170 bhp and PE saying it was the very early ecu that was the problem. They Remapped this with one of their modified 260ps maps from the later WRX’s this certainly more than cured the problem and was last measured at about 256bhp.

From what I understand your product is a very similar thing (I have looked at my ecu and it has the J1 resistor cut and a plug in chip) but you have many variables on your maps and you charge a sensible price.

What I am currently in the process of doing is fitting a full decat exhaust, ported standard headers, uprated TMIC from an STi 5, Induction kit, uprated fuel pump(also looking into a pressure reg and the parallel fuel rail mod). I would like a custom map that makes the most of this while keeping the car nice and safe and reliable (concerned more with keeping the fueling right to minimise det etc than vastly upping boost for out and out power)

Please advise if this is something that you can do and if so what do you require from me both in terms of money and data from the car (do we need to take it to rolling roads etc what extra gauges etc are required ?)

sorry for the long post, thanks for your time

Alistair
Old 15 October 2003, 08:15 AM
care3
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your pe map can be remapped by pe,seems a waste of money buying a scoobyecu
Old 15 October 2003, 10:44 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it can but it will be more money..

So no it doesnt sound like a waste of money... take a photo of the board.. email me and I may be able to sort you out for free

David
Old 15 October 2003, 03:42 PM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks David you will have mail later today, just going to take pics

Alistair