Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

maybe a dodgy boost soleniod?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2003, 07:10 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i noticed a problem with my car this morning, on the way to work i stuck my foot down and didnt get the surge i was used to
inspection with the scooby monitor showed that the boost had dropped from 1.2bar to 0.85 bar

continued to work and checked all pipes regarding the dawse device, all were fine

came home after work and checked all intercooler pipes
all were fine
i thren did a ecu reset

wound the dawse device inwards 1 full turn and went for a drive
no joy, boost did not move at all
slightly miffed i turned it another full turn
still no joy

a bit perplexed i came home, removed the dawse device and connected up the boost control solenoid

still no change in boost (is used to spike to 1.35 bar and then hold 1.1 bar with just the solenoid)

i took apart the dawse and checekd the spring and ball bearing, all were fine, getting even more miffed i wound the dawse right out and went for another dirive to see if the boost would drop any, and it did to 0.60 bar

now compleatly baffled i wound the dawse right the way in as far as it would go, and set of
nailed the throttle and shat my pants, nearly snapped a finger when the steering wheel went all over the shop, backed off and put it into second and put my foot down, checking the scoobymonitor i saw 1.43 bar in second gear

compleatly bottled it and backed of as the car was doing wheelies (thats what it felt like )

went round a roundabout and checke dthe knock readings, no retard taking place (i have been useing 75mm nf to about £30 of petrol)
came of the round about in second and floored it down a disused road that leads to a dead end after about a mile, car was seriously fighting for grip in the dry pulled over and sorted myself out (god only knows what sort of power it was producing there but its was pretty mindfu*cking lol)

re adjusted the dawse device to 1.24 bar after a few more runs

now why did my car do this in the 1st place?
i was told my boost solenoid may be iffy a while back due to boost spikes and dips, if this was iff, not connected but still plugged in to the ecu (what was recomended) if it caused a fault could it cause the ecu to drop boost any other way?

or is there another reason for why my car did this, i could point the fnger at the dawse device but with it removed there was still no change

ideas?
no air fuel correction on any of the runs acording to the scoobymonitor

help#?
Old 25 September 2003, 05:21 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
up