Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

CEL FIX with full decat on WRX03 (P0420)

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2003, 06:59 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anybody know if the new WRX03 and older WRX01-02 can use the same CEL fix devices for the "Catalyst efficiency bellow threshold" code from the rear O2 sensor?
I ask cause it's preferable to use a passive device as the Pony Express MIL Eliminator on the rear O2 sensor (cost isn't an issue in this case) rather a CEL fix that needs power supply and wiring to the ECU as the Scoobysport one (although I am going to buy the full SS catless exhaust).
Or does someone can inform me what kind of soldering needs the SS CEL fix or has the layout for wiring, I'd prefer minor or no modifications to the ECU wires.
Thanks
JIM
Old 16 September 2003, 11:00 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jim,
Fitting the ss cel fix is a doddle mate takes about 5mins to do the job.SS will supply a wireing diagram with the cel fix just 2 wires to solder if I remember I have one fitted to my 02 wrx.
Old 17 September 2003, 09:58 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Jim get the Pont Express version as if you are not upto soldering to your ECU then dont attempt it, the MIL version which i have takes 20 minutes to fit and that includes raising the car off the ground in order to connect to the rear 02 sensor.

I also didnt like the idea of messing with my ECU

Zippy
Old 17 September 2003, 11:11 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Yes but Pony Express told me that their MIL Eliminator doesn't work with WRX04 (USA) models and brings aother CEL codes(http://www.ponyexpressperformance.co...liminator.html).
I don't know of course if USA 04 is the same as Euro spec cars or has the Australian/Japanese WRX engine (AVCS) thus I am not sure if PEP MIL will solve my problem.
Actually my dealer hasn't problem to fit any catless exhaust but refused me any ECU wiring (I know that any CEL fix uses the same wires but the soldering is on the rear O2 sensor...) thus I am searching different solution.
I know also that an expansion to the slot where the rear O2 sensor bolts can reduce the change of CEL codes.
Any help is really appreciated.
JIM
Old 17 September 2003, 03:13 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Jim, e-mail MRT performance in Australia, they reply back within 24 hours normally and they will have a module that will work with the 03 model WRX.
They are really helpfull, log onto the website and the contact details of all their departments are online.

Zippy