Odd exhaust configurations

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 04:27 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

OK,

I have a Magnex downpipe (de cat of course ) TSL centre section (de cat again) and a blitz backbox.

Last week i got the TSL centre fitted, since then the front pipe seems to be knocking on a cross brace under the car .

I went back to the place i had it fitted, they told me sorry mate there is nothing we can do about it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

So, im left wondering if there is a fix for this or whether i need to buy a new downpipe to reslove the problem.

Im going to take some pics when i can get under the car, maybe this will make more sense with pictures .

Anyone else experienced this type of thing? it seems as though the Magnex front pipe is badly designed and doesnt allow enough clearance between the pipe and the cross brace at the front of the car.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old 15 September 2003, 04:46 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Unfortunatley, the different manufacturers make 'em like that It's an attempt to ensure you buy thier complete system.

I had a JPI Back box, centre and downpipe, thought that i'd change the centre for a scooby sport/TSL (It's much straighter) job and well, ..... No chance, the straight centre pulled the backbox across and it fouled on the rear left driveshaft.

A scoobysport backbox however fits the jpi set up no problem.

Mikey
Old 22 September 2003, 03:42 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Mikey

Seems ATS dont know what they are talking about though [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

took it to my local garage explained the problem, and hey presto they have sorted it