Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

tek 2

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2003, 10:28 AM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i own a wrx my 95 im impressed with the performance of it at the moment its got a full de cat 3 " mongoose , blitz induction, a dump valve (which im sick of )not forgetting to mention the supa chip which ive been advised to take out and thinking of taking it out even though it been in the car since 1998, but bye the bye i take all helpfull advice onboard, what im thinking of doing next is taking the supa chip and the bleed valve and replacing them with a tek 2 as ide prefare a safer way of going fast without a worry,as its a import and apparantly i could get fuel problems with the engine, is this correct or just myth as my car has been in the country with all those mods on since 98 and i dont think there has been any problems yet and the dealer i got the car from has gave me 2 years warranty (good of them )considering the age and the mods ,all im basically saying would everyone advise on fitting a tek2 and removing the chip or am i just worrying meself to much of me motor blowing up, any advice greatly appreciated , ps at what cost is the tek2 and who sells them .
p.p.s and would there be a performance increase or decrease fitting a tek 2
Old 03 August 2003, 10:47 AM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

I dont think a 95 can be teck'd.
A "scooby ecu" is what you need, someone will be along soon and make it a clicky with any luck or try- scoobyecu.co.uk

You maybe rite to be concerned, the above is much better, chuck the superchip in the nettles!
Old 03 August 2003, 09:44 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

CLICKY!!!!!!

You are correct, ECUTEK only works on MY99 and later.