Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

New radiator MY02 !

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2003, 02:13 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Noticed coolant dried around the top of the main radiator (i.e. not the aircon rad).
New radiator required
Under warranty, but might have to wait a fortnight for warranty approval. Not good in this weather
Anyone else had to have a new rad? Any way of speeding the warranty work clearance?
Old 18 July 2003, 11:51 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Are you sure a new rad is needed, i've seen these deposits on most MY01 radiators and they are all fine.
Are you losing fluid and is your engine temp rising ?

A 2 week turnaround is a joke, if you are going where i think you are then i've waited maximum 1 week and that was for a complete turbo and no more than 3 days for anything else thats been done on my car.

Zippy
Old 18 July 2003, 01:22 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Difficult to say whether losing fluid. Didn't look like it on short journeys. Will have a better idea after a longer trip this w/e. Coolant temp. has been fine. However the deposits are not a spill and so must be coming from somewhere

If the warranty repair was not sanctioned by Belgium then basically the Belgians are not trusting the diagnostic skills of our UK mechanics. That should be sorted by Subaru IMHO and not used as an excuse to keep the customer waiting.

No doubt if it blows up in the meantime then that will be my fault as well[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

To be fair they have the part in and say "it could take up to 2 weeks for clearance".
Old 18 July 2003, 02:08 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Wink

The reason i asked is i have seen these green deposits on my car, Nick A's car and Ru$$rips car and none of us have needed a new rad.

Dont forget the dealer may well say it needs changing just for the warranty labour claim.

If its not leaking or over heating dont let them touch it.They may well cause more problems than they try to fix.

Zippy