Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Anyone using a Green panel filter on here...???

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2003, 03:26 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, on my MY00 Scoob that I've recently bought there is a Ramair induction kit. I want to remove this and change back to the original airbox as after reading many threads on here I'm worried about potential damage to the MAF sensor. The car's on 24k and hasn't had a problem yet apparently but I don't really want to risk it happening for the first time to me! It seems the best panel filter people have gone for is the ITG one but have also read on here that they have on occasion ruined MAFs as they're not too dry. Spoke to Scoobysport and they also do a Green panel filter which apparently is a lot drier and safer.

So my question is does anyone use the Green panel filter on here and how have you found it? Or should I just stick the standard panel filter in there and not worry about it?

Thanks in advance,

Dan.
Old 26 June 2003, 04:45 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dan

Use one myself and no probs

Changed from standard filtration then to ITG, then blew an engine, then after absolute guarantees from Pete Croney about it being 100% MAF safe I bought one

Be very careful that you read the small print when fitting it and ensure that you centre it 100%.

For your airbox you will need to trim the lugs off it with a stanley knife but cut an equal portion of all sides or you are screwed

Cheers
Si

Old 26 June 2003, 04:51 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Thanks Si, so that's one vote towards the green panel filter then. Like you say my main concern is that it's safe otherwise there's no real point in me changing what I already have! How do you find it compared to the standard filtration and the ITG? What do you find it gives you?
Old 26 June 2003, 05:01 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dan

Slightly more mid range ooomph, but if you are in any doubt and not tuning to a high level then i'd stick with standard filtration.

However the fact that you have removed an induction kit poss means you won't be too tempted by negligible performance gains so just go do it mate !!!!

Cheers
Si

Old 26 June 2003, 07:13 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Well if the Green panel filter is as safe as the standard one then I may as well go for that. Even if the gain over standard is only negligible as you say, a gain is still a gain at the end of the day!! I'm taking the induction kit off due to all the potential problems I've read about here plus it's not like it gives you any real performance increase, in fact I've seen a lot of people say the panel filter performs better. Plus I can live without the induction noise, I still have a VTA dumpvalve that came with that helps with the soundtrack!

So far Green it is then...