Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Supermegaphone Jap Zorsts - how many resonators?

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2003, 03:46 PM
spence7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a 95WRX with an N1-Supermegaphone fitted...just so happens it came with v.low suspension and I've had it scraping on a couple of humps where it bends around the rear diff. Now it's blowing badly ! Anyway, I looked at the design and it appears to be one single pipe going from the BB all the way to the DP, with like 3-4 resonators in there ! Does anyone know these exhausts and whether I'd have to replace the whole lot to get the hole mended ?

Appreciate any help,

Alex
Old 21 June 2003, 01:33 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Alex,

I originally had 1 of these on the mota when it came in2 the country. Like u r s mine ended up with a hole on it ( mines was caused by going in & out of folks drives). From memory (it was like 3 years back) we cut out the bit with the hole, made up some flanges, welded one to each end of the remaining good sections,
cut a section out of another system slightly smaller than the bad section, welded flanges onto that, then just bolted the lot together with gaskets at the flanges

A lot of piece mealing, but hey it worked and if anything gave us back at least the power we were loosing (i`d probably say maybe even a bit more) That section was still in good nick when i took it off last year to fit my Hypermuffler.

Pete
Old 22 June 2003, 07:01 PM
spence7
Scooby Regular

Pete cheers for that...I'll ask around see if anyone can connect a section in to replace the bit with the hole in. Is it true then the whole system is one-piece ! It's difficult to tell due to so many resonators ! Ideally I'd like to replace the whole mid-section...

Other problem is if I were to replace the bad bit - it'll only just grind again - I need a way of replacing the bad section but raising the height of the lowest point near the diff.. hmmm.

May have to take it scoobysport see if they can do anything

Cheers,
Alex