Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Changing Just Backbox After ECUTEK Re-map

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 02:04 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Post this on here seen as ECUTEK forum is so quiet.

I am shortly taking delivery of a JDM MY03 WRX STi. After running in it will be re-mapped with ECUTEK to take account of a full Milltek exhaust system with a hi-flow catalyst.

If in the future I want to change just the backbox to something louder, say a Firestorm, Afterburner, BPM etc would it need to be re-mapped? I would only consider those exhausts which are just the backbox, i.e. not Blitz or HKS which are a backbox and centre section.

I can't see it needing a re-map all other things being equal but thought I had better check first as the map will be a lot leaner I would imagine compared to the standard map.

Damian

Old 11 June 2003, 02:37 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damian, dont know whether this would help you mate but have a look here I was getting at the same as what youre asking really, you wouldnt think a backbox would make much difference but it certainly would affect the back pressure!!
Old 11 June 2003, 02:48 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Cheers Andy,

Yeah similar questions but I can't see any post really giving you a difinitive answer.

If the breathing is changed, i.e. different type of induction then I would say the re-map would need tweeking. But I am talking about the backbox only which I would not effect to effect the back pressure to any great extent as I will have a hi-flo cat in the downpipe which will govern what back pressure the turbo sees. This is all my own thinking though and I have no knowledge of these things which is why I am posting for information.

Damian.