Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

WRX 03 engine firing order

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 10:50 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone know the fireing order of the engine, is it 1,3,4,2 or 1,2,3,4 or 1,3,4,2 etc ?

I'll come back to you as to why, making sure im not an idiot first

Simon
Old 25 April 2003, 11:23 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ok, got the firing order myself (1,3,2,4)

Now can anyone give me the engine 1,2,3,4 layout?

eg, is it front left(1), front right(2), back left(3), back right(4) or front left(1),back left(2),front right(3),back right(4) etc.

Please, its important ammunition for me (Fault diagnoses for scooby dealer monkeys)

Simon
Old 25 April 2003, 11:35 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which subaru dealer?

If its one in leeds then they arent monkeys and know there stuff in a big way..

David
Old 25 April 2003, 02:35 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

David,

No not leeds (i should of), have to wait for the 'bloke that knows about turbo's' to be in at the dealership.

Anyway, have a listen to these and give you opinion.

Using a dictaphone about 6 inches away from exhaust.

Ive analaysed the sound and can only find 3 clear fireing and one dull fireing (hense the beating sound) during the dull fireing it also takes arround 15% longer to complete than the other fireing sounds.

Remember ive got the PPP exhaust on!

Do these sound rough to You?

http://www.fibrecity.co.uk/se/Bad_Morning.wav <--- From Cold

http://www.fibrecity.co.uk/se/Bad_Normal.wav <--- After warmup

Sorry, dont know how to do links

Simon
Old 25 April 2003, 04:09 PM
Matt P
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound like it's firing on all four to me. The chuffing you can hear is probably caused the cylinder which isn't behaving. Haven't got my spectrum analyser here or I'd have a look! Does it feel any rougher? Don't know the cylinder number layout, sorry.
Old 25 April 2003, 04:21 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I found the cylinder layout, thx

This started at 750 ish miles, tolk it back to dealers, he plugged into into diags and pronaouced that theres nothing wrong.

However a could not get him to remove his 'brilliant industries, la la headset' to actually listen to it.

Yes its very rough in the morning, and i can even feel it sometimes. Its getting rougher every day.

Sometimes get a 'Clacking' noise at same frequency.

im just waiting for the next thing they say, - 'They all do that sir' and i'll reply 'but it doesnt sound like the one sat next to it' and they reply 'you never get 2 the same', do you think im too sinical?

Simon
Old 26 April 2003, 02:15 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Get 'em to do a compression check, they won't like it because it's a real fiddle, but it will give you either a reason or satisfaction. David API Engines
Old 29 April 2003, 11:53 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ooh, guess what they said!

Anyway, anyone know a good place to get an independant report on the engine from someone who can hear and thinks a new car should not sound and run like a 10 year old one?

Do you think i could claim the money back if they find something wrong? (from IM or small claims court from dealer)

Simon

BTW my bonnet is destorted (doesnt fit offside front - about an extra 5mm gap from bumper) and they say they are all like that, when clearly all the showroom and demo cars are not! Grrrrrr
Old 29 April 2003, 07:40 PM
DO'B
Scooby Regular

Question

Isn't there a chance to reject this car under sale of goods act? How long have you had it? How many miles total? and how long since you expressed dissatisfaction with the car? All this counts and whilst there may be something simple wrong, it actions that count and it seems to me that there is a lack of interest or action from the Dealer. Is it the supplying dealer? If it's not then it's not unknown for garages to get a strop on as they didn't have the decent profit on the job by selling the car in the first place. They just view mopping up someone elses mess as a nuisance and forget all about things like customer service and so on. It just becomes a point scoring exercise against the supplier.

Hope a few things in there give you some ideas - keep posting till we all see a conclusion.

David API Engines.

PS I do know an excellent consulting engineer who will charge around £150 for a report that will stand up in any court in the land.

[Edited by DO'B - 4/29/2003 7:41:49 PM]
Old 29 April 2003, 10:12 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Yes its the supplying dealer, either ive gone mad and there isnt anything wrong or their just dick-ed's, i know which.

My engine still sounds sick, my bonnet still doesnt fit, my dashboard and door still rattle.

I was dropped off by my girlfriend to pick it up, i was driving (very sensibly) in front of here most of they way home, her comment when we got home was 'Is it suppossed to smoke from the exhaust?, do all turbos do that?'

Simon

Apparantly smoke was more dark gray than blue if that helps.
Old 30 April 2003, 08:32 PM
DO'B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Simon, Grey smoke may not be too much of a problem but on top of the others........ I think you should seek a consultation with the dealer principal, voice your fears, quietly and calmy and do not get angry and shout. Ask very firmly and pointedly if he would take personal control of the problems that you have with your car and see it through until you are happy. The customer is always right !! [ sometimes, in truth but it's worth bearing in mind ] If he won't, seek legal advice and tell him that you are doing so.

Keep at them David