Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Turbo clutch query.

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2003, 06:03 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I've noticed today that my clutch pedal once released doesn't come all the way back all of the time and it's got about 2 inche of play before I can feel any tension. I've rung subaru today and they say it may need bleeding and they'll have a look during the service on the 14th.

The clutch was replaced at about 55K, now done about 83K. Anyone had any experiences with clutch bleeding or adjustments?

Cheers.

SKOOSH

( England 3 - 1 Turkey ).
Old 02 April 2003, 06:21 PM
Colin P
Scooby Regular

Check that there is a spring on the clutch release arm on top of the gearbox, if it has come off this would cause the pedal to not return every time.

As for the free play this is how you adjust it:
There is a bolt at the top of the pedal assembly to adjust the pedal height, it should be 145mm from the pedal rubber to the floor, you will need two 14mm spanners.
Behind the pedal is a rod that joins the pedal assy to the master cylinder, undo the locknut on it 12mm spanner and turn the rod with the flats on it with a 6mm spanner to achieve 10-15mm freeplay at the pedal rubber.

Col
Old 02 April 2003, 08:18 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem with my clutch pedal. At one point i was having to lift the pedal from under it with my foot to double check that the clutch was fully engaging.

I had to get a new clutch pedal assembly. Its a really small job and quite inexpensive. Cant remember the cost.

Just make sure you get it fixed quick. I dealt with the problem a little too late and had been driving about on a riding clutch. Had to get a new clutch shortly after.

Mark