there must be something? anything?

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2003, 09:33 AM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

hi all,

Boring question mode enabled: am currently running a 97 turbo 2000 with a total decat exhaust (including DP), dawes set at peak 1 bar (with widened bleed hole as recomended), an hks VTA BOV and an JR filter element. i have an afr on and it indicates that im running nice and rich still (though im aware by fitting the VTA im actually fooling the AFR to read richer than it is actually running) and so far have had no boost spikes or anything unpleasant (two months so far).

so heres my question.. im still keen to do things to the car, but am falling short of being able to find much more i can do to it without spending a thousand quid on a remap (quoted by my local tuning place). i dont really want to spend that kind of money just yet, so what can i do? if i go for say an induction kit (im accutley aware of their dubious benefits, but it would allow me to "be doing something") with all the other exhaust mods am i A) going to suddenly run hugley lean or B) need a remap anyway cos of the full decat? i know this kind of boring stuff is discussed over and over and i apologise for asking it again, but ive done a search and i havent manged to find anything that relates to my MY. any help/ advice/ recomendations would be greatfully recieved.

ok boring question mode disabled.

thanks all, and again apologies for not asking anything new or interesting. theres a satsuma for the best reply.

Best wishes,
B.
Old 02 April 2003, 10:09 AM
brett555
Scooby Regular

why dont you have a tek2 or 2.5 done , thats a remap and will take everything into account. Sure it will run nicely then ..

I think cost is about £500 or so ..

brett
Old 02 April 2003, 10:36 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Tek remaps are for MY99+ cars, not the older ECU's. You'd need to consider a different ECU, Link, Motec, etc..

Stefan
Old 02 April 2003, 10:44 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Have you considered replacement brakes, suspension changes etc...?

Performance isn't just BHP
Old 02 April 2003, 10:51 AM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

sadly, ive already done both the brakes and the suspension. they were the first to get done cos theyre the ones i enjoy doing and using the most. thanks for the input though: you can have half a satsuma, and ill even peel it for you.

the available ecu's seem to be a bit thin on the ground for my MY as you rightly pointed out, and those that do exist seem to be very expensive. am happy to spend the money, but i was wondering if there was an alternate that wasnt a grand (plus travelling etc etc) that could tide me over for a little while?? this bug is a pain innit?

thanks again all,
b.
Old 02 April 2003, 10:53 AM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

sadly, ive already done both the brakes and the suspension. they were the first to get done cos theyre the ones i enjoy doing and using the most. thanks for the input though: you can have half a satsuma, and ill even peel it for you.

the available ecu's seem to be a bit thin on the ground for my MY as you rightly pointed out, and those that do exist seem to be very expensive. am happy to spend the money, but i was wondering if there was an alternate that wasnt a grand (plus travelling etc etc) that could tide me over for a little while?? this bug is a pain innit?

thanks again all,
b.
Old 02 April 2003, 10:54 AM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

Wink

oops sorry. talked that up by using the word "bug" within a ten mile radius of my computer.

sorry
Old 02 April 2003, 11:44 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

how about having the headers ported and a performance up pipe,also samco hoses on the intercooler.

Old 02 April 2003, 11:54 AM
Bumpkin
Scooby Regular

Wink

yummy. now that sounds fun. ill look into that this afternoon, cos blatantly i cannae be bothered to do any real work. will doing these things mean i need to remap anyway though? more than happy to spend the money, its the wife and bank manager that need convincing.

thanks again all.
B.