Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

need advice, BOV, exhaust, intake......

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2003, 07:38 PM
jriggs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need to put an exhaust on my 03 WRX, i can't have it too loud, but i definitly want a nice low note from the tailpipe. i wanna put an intake and BOV on it also.

this is all i'm doing to the car since i use it for bizz trips. i can't be making a lot of noise when i pull up to a customer's place, the boss wouldn't like that too much...haha!!!

there are a lot of pipes and BOV's & intakes out there, what do you guys suggest??????? thanks, riggs
Old 24 February 2003, 06:36 PM
jriggs
Scooby Newbie

c'mon, you guys are lame azz for not helpin out........i've been around some other BB's for a long time......and i'm always there to help out when it comes to the things i know!!! somebody's gotta have soem info that would help me out
Old 24 February 2003, 06:52 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

It's a bit tricky to comment from over here! You've got quite different kit over there to ours

The exhaust seems fairly clear (deeper sounding? for a better sounding, but not too loud option, I'd probably go for the PPP BB if it's available for the MY03 - our MY02? (confusing all this!) - or for a little louder, the Magnex.

What are you after from the intake & BOV? For an induction kit, my own choice for a MAF based car would be one based on a K&N cone; for the BOV? Depends what you want - I have found that unless you spend a lot (eg HKS SSQV) there's no improvement over oem of what the BOV does. Only in the noise that it makes. That is until you get to boost levels that the oem one has trouble with (1.3 bar about, I think?).
Hope there's something useful in there, or at least a point of view!
Old 24 February 2003, 07:29 PM
jriggs
Scooby Newbie

thanks so much.......that little piece of info really helped out. a good number of people i talked to said to scrap the BOV, all it is good for is noise. they said to remove the silencer from the airbox and that would give me the same thing minus the $$$$ paid out for the BOV. i know there are a good number of differences between our cars........but you guys seem to know a good bit.....thanks again for all the help!!!! later, riggs